Notices
General BMW | Mini General BMW & Mini Cooper Discussion Forum.

BMW Alpina B7 - Press and Dealer Launch in California

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 01:26 PM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
Post BMW Alpina B7 - Press and Dealer Launch in California

The new BMW ALPINA B7 was presented to selected members of the American press and the BMW dealer family, at an exclusive event held from the 5th to the 11th of June in California. Participants were able to sample the ALPINA flagship's comfort and sport orientation at both Infineon Raceway and while driving through California's scenery, including the renowned Highway One. Presentations were made regarding the B7's technical subtleties, deep insights were given into ALPINA's unique and storied history, and the distinctive philosophy of this small family-run business from Buchloe was explored. All this was framed by the American event agency Emotive using ALPINA's second business venture as the backdrop: wine. The very finest wines from California's best winemakers were served with dinner at the private The Napa Valley Reserve, each wine and each bottle naturally introduced and elucidated by the vintners themselves, supported by ALPINA's head of wine.

All in all a very successful event: the finest example of the ALPINA lifestyle, coupled with a vehicle created for the most demanding of automotive connoisseurs.

BMW ALPINA - B7 Launch in California

Old 07-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
Saw a black one already driving around near my house... Looked good.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
love this car, its so clean and so cool

Old 07-29-2010, 07:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond repute
I'll have to beat the dead horse here, and wish for more Alpina models in the U.S. in the near future. That said, this was a great event for a fantastic car. I would have a hard time picking between this and a 760.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:24 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Misha - Any chance of hi-res pics? I LOVE the B7 Alpina. I've seen a couple in person. It is without a doubt of my favorite cars, let alone sedans, right now. It has so much presence, so classy... AWESOME.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:45 PM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Misha - Any chance of hi-res pics?
Of these shots? No - I'm sorry, Chris. I'll post them if they become available though. I'll PM you like 10 links if you want some other really nice high-res pics. Just let me know.

I had a chance to take the Alpina B7 for a short blast a couple weeks ago. I drove it right after testing a new loaded 550i. The B7 was faster, had better steering feel, felt more nimble, and turned a lot of heads in traffic. Especially in blue! Surprisingly, it didn't feel like I was driving a huge sedan. I could drive a black/black B7 on the German Autobahn all day with a huge smile! The wizards at Alpina really did a great job on this car. I would take on over a 760i in a heartbeat. My only nit pick was the shift buttons behind the steering wheel. I would rather have + - paddles.

Old 07-29-2010, 09:08 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
How did I miss that happening? One of those pics is all of the cars parked in front of the Sonoma Lodge which is less than a mile from my house. Alpina B7 would be a top choice for a DD and that blue color is gorgeous!!!

Old 07-30-2010, 09:34 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
now thats how you launch a car.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:34 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
That's a perfect Alpina in the perfect Alpina wheels and color.

I am sooooooo glad that BMW went back to good ole BMW styling and got rid of Chris Bangle and his Bangled ugly ass 7 that our eyes have had to endure for the last ten years.

Maybe I can convince my MIL to get the new 7 when she decides to get rid of her E38.