Notices
General BMW | Mini General BMW & Mini Cooper Discussion Forum.

Talk to me about this 850 I'm gonna buy.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010 | 12:05 AM
|
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Talk to me about this 850 I'm gonna buy.....

Its so bad ass!

BMW : 8-Series: eBay Motors (item 150450888906 end time Jun-08-10 19:45:21 PDT)

I acquired this 850 from a tow yard lien sale. It had no batteries in it when I bought it. I put new batteries in it and had to replace one of the two fuel pumps to get it running. It runs strong , the transmission shifts properly, but it idles a little rough. This 850 was and is little rough. The hood a big hole cut in it for what I do not know. The flip up headlights have been removed and the prior owner put in some aftermarket lights in the bumper opening. I replaced the seats with some gray ones, the ones that were in it were cut up and in bad shape. The rear seats are in good condition, but it is missing the center pieces. The front tires are new and the rear tires have about 80% left in them. The car is missing the catalytic converters. The title of the car is as follows. I have paid to the State of California all the fees to have it registered. It needed a vin verification which has been obtained and a smog test, I have not done the smog test because it needs the catalytic converters.. Once the smog test is done it is ready to be registered in the new buyers name. The car does not come with the smog test the new owners will be required to obtain it. The car is not registered and will need to be trailered to its new home. If you have any questions or want to see the car send me an email and I will galdly answer your questions and show the car to anyone interested . One of the pictures shows a spoiler on the trunk. I have removed the spoiler because it was not the correct one for the car. The trunk does have holes in it where it was mounted. The trunk lid is missing the liner and the tools. It does have a spare but no jack.

Attached Images        
Old 06-07-2010 | 12:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know where to start...

Old 06-07-2010 | 12:15 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
jfif911 is an unknown quantity at this point
^ agreed with him...

Old 06-07-2010 | 12:17 AM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
That's what i call a bargain find.

Old 06-07-2010 | 01:58 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jaykla has a brilliant futurejaykla has a brilliant futurejaykla has a brilliant futurejaykla has a brilliant futurejaykla has a brilliant futurejaykla has a brilliant futurejaykla has a brilliant futurejaykla has a brilliant futurejaykla has a brilliant futurejaykla has a brilliant futurejaykla has a brilliant future
I'll take two!

Old 06-07-2010 | 04:04 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Clubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond repute
Well.... what can I say, you either sell her for a bit profit and call it a day OR if you wanna resurrect her, prepare for a HUGE restoration and a money pit.

Even looked after E31's are very problematic, can't even think what this one can reveal !

Although If you do restore her to its former glory, 8 Series is one of the most beautiful and timeless BMW designs and that glorious V12 is a monster...

Old 06-07-2010 | 04:30 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Good god. Sacrilege.

I will take a red 840i 6-spd please. 850s are a crazy money pit even when mint.

Old 06-07-2010 | 04:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Are you being serious? No disprespect if you are.

Old 06-07-2010 | 08:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
You'd probably get more $$$ selling it to a scrap yard. The engine could be fun for that McLaren F1 kit car you've always wanted though.

Old 06-07-2010 | 09:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
edbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond repute
Go for it, chix will be lining up for a ride.

make sure you take delivery pictures too.

Quick Reply: Talk to me about this 850 I'm gonna buy.....