Notices
General BMW | Mini General BMW & Mini Cooper Discussion Forum.

2011 BMW 335is specs leaked, to compete with Audi S4

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 10:02 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post 2011 BMW 335is specs leaked, to compete with Audi S4

"We recently test-drove the 2010 Audi S4 and felt it was a much better vehicle than its closest competitor – the BMW 335i. The S4’s new 3.0 TSFI Supercharged V6 pumps out 333-hp and 325 lb-ft of torque, as compared to the 335i 3.0L inline 24-valve 6-cylinder with TwinPower Turbo technology that produces 300-hp and 300 lb-ft of torque.

Well, all that’s about to change because BMW is going to beef up its 3-Series lineup with the new 2011 BMW 335is Coupe and Cabriolet. According to leaked documents from BMW Canada, the 2011 BMW 335i Cabriolet and Coupe will enter production in March and May respectively. Power will come from a modified 3.0L inline 6-cylinder with an extra 22-hp for a total of 322-hp and 332 lb-ft of torque. The 335is will come standard with a 6-speed manual transmission but will get an optional 7-speed double clutch automatic."

Source - Egmcartech

Old 01-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting

Old 01-15-2010, 10:31 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Nice find! Great to hear the DCT will be offered with this model!

Old 01-15-2010, 11:40 AM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the info, DJ. Full press release should come next week.

To me this isn't much different then a e9x 335i with Power Pkg, and M-Sport Pkg. Only a few minor differences ; "overboost" feature, optional DCT, and sport exhaust system, plus cosmetic goods. How sweet would it be if BMW offered a mechanical LSD option. : )

What's I find interesting is, BMW will use the mono turbo N55 engine for the rest of the line up, and save the N54 for more sportier models (Z4 sdrive35i/s, and 335is).

Old 01-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Blue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice HP/TQ boosted up a bit and DCT now being offered....I think I may have to make the move from Audi to BMW

Old 01-15-2010, 12:17 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
that`s the thing with BMW

once you decide to buy a bimmer,your car will be dated in a year or two...

I`d love to have the DCT in my car instead of the ZF tranny,even though the ZF transmission is exceptionally fast compared to the standard AT in base models

the hp gain of 22hp is good thing,but buyers of the performance package which gives 20-30hp more to the car and costs 2000 Euros will hate BMW for that

the other good thing is that the N54 will remain in the x35s...."Biturbo" is so much cooler

a lot of people put hope in the N55 because it might cure the HPFP problem,but as I got my 2nd fuel pump replaced and I noticed unknown mechanics noises from the engine bay when idling,they told me that this is a new gen fuel pump and it generates more pressure thus producing diesel like sounds at idle (but much less noisy)
and I felt more power as well...

I think the basic changes from the 335 to the next gen M will be a larger dispacement and larger Turbos plus better cooling

Old 01-15-2010, 12:34 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
But the new 335 will still have no LSD, that's crap.

The new S4 has a very reasonable option for LSD.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
The S4 will remain the more rounded car of the two but the 335is will perform better no doubt.

Putting an LSD will seriously close the gap with the M3. Shame.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:58 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AudiRS
The S4 will remain the more rounded car of the two but the 335is will perform better no doubt.

Putting an LSD will seriously close the gap with the M3. Shame.
It is inexcusable that BMW doesn't put LSD in non M cars nowadays.

My 22 year old 325is HAS an LSD.

But then, M cars were handbuilt back then too.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:33 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
+1

at least the top models should get an option for an LSD

but nowadays more customers are more attracted by terms like efficient dynamics or parking assist than by LSD,low curb weight,etc

when I was in Miami a week ago,335s (as well as 997T etc) were being driven by soccer mums as well as girlies and douches who might only know that they drive a BMW and that it is somewhat better than a Honda Accord

Quick Reply: 2011 BMW 335is specs leaked, to compete with Audi S4