Notices
General BMW | Mini General BMW & Mini Cooper Discussion Forum.

My new 750 LI M Sport w/ XDrive

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 06:22 PM
ESK
Teamspeed Rookie
ESK is just really niceESK is just really niceESK is just really niceESK is just really niceESK is just really niceESK is just really niceESK is just really niceESK is just really niceESK is just really niceESK is just really niceESK is just really nice
My new 750 LI M Sport w/ XDrive

Hey Guys,

Having had SUVs for the better part of the past 15 years, most recently an '08 Cayenne TT, I decided it was time for a change. I liked the new 7 a lot when it first debuted last April, but decided to wait until fall for a '10 version with XDrive (still can't figure out why BMW would introduce the 7 mid-year as an '09? Porsche did the same thing with the '03 Cayenne in March of '03 and the '04s came out in April/May). Luckily for me, the M Sport was released for the '10s as well.

Well, after 2 weeks of ownership I couldn't be more pleased with the car and my decision to switch to a sedan. I actually looked at the Panamera, as they were showing up at dealers when my car arrived, but I decided I needed a little more "utility" as my Yellow Lab "Libby" travels with me to the office every day. I also have 3 kids so a rear bench seat is pretty much a must (the P's looks are another thing....). Any way, both Libby and I absolutely love the car. I love all the features (luxury and convenience - HUD is amazing), the way it drives and the power (does anyone make a better feeling steering wheel than BMW's "M" version?), and the interior design and materials are exceptional. Libby loves the easy entry compared to the Cayenne as well as the extra legroom the "L" affords, and the power sunshades! She actually matches the interior quite well, although the black carpets do show dog hairs (yes, she sits on a blanket!).

Here are a few pictures. I did Dark Graphite over oyster/black. Certainly not as exciting as a new Porsche or as aggressive looking as the S Class, but I think BMW really stepped up the design on this model. There are a lot of creases and curves that show up in the right light and with this color. They also did a great job with the front bumper, although I would've liked to have seen more with the rear valance a la the AMG sport models. Already thinking about mods - perhaps the 760's split exhaust tips (not really tips as they're part of the bumper, not the exhaust) and the 21" style 321 cross spoke wheels in Ferric Grey. Enjoy!

Attached Images    
Old 10-31-2009, 06:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
congrats on the new ride, the dog seems to love it

Old 10-31-2009, 06:46 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great E! Hope everyone is well!

Old 10-31-2009, 07:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice! Really nice choice on colors too, they look great. I think this is the first time I've taken a second look at the new 7,must be the combination of the colors and m sport package.

Cool dog too!

Old 10-31-2009, 07:10 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Crazy Bimmer is a name known to allCrazy Bimmer is a name known to allCrazy Bimmer is a name known to allCrazy Bimmer is a name known to allCrazy Bimmer is a name known to allCrazy Bimmer is a name known to allCrazy Bimmer is a name known to allCrazy Bimmer is a name known to allCrazy Bimmer is a name known to allCrazy Bimmer is a name known to allCrazy Bimmer is a name known to all
That thing is beautiful! Congrats!

Old 10-31-2009, 07:47 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
BMW did well with the design of the new 7. Awesome looking car you have.

Old 11-01-2009, 03:30 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations, enjoy it

Old 11-01-2009, 03:40 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
sweet!

that`s awesome!

It`s the very first M-sport 750 Li I`ve seen yet!(and I live in Munich)

looks great!
needs bigger wheels and/or a drop though (huge gap between fenders and wheels)

enjoy it!

Old 11-01-2009, 07:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
The new 7 def. has a great presence on the road, much better than the previous gen.

Congrats.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:19 AM
ESK
Teamspeed Rookie
ESK is just really niceESK is just really niceESK is just really niceESK is just really niceESK is just really niceESK is just really niceESK is just really niceESK is just really niceESK is just really niceESK is just really niceESK is just really nice
Thanks guys for the well wishes.

My big debate now is what to do for winter tires. I'm trying to keep the 20" look for the winter. The M sport comes with run flat performance tires (Goodyear Excellence). Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of options in my size. Pirelli makes a run flat snow, but a set runs about $2500 installed, which seems crazy for tires only. I've decided instead to switch to all seasons (Michelin Pilot Sports) so I can run them year round. BMW doesn't provide spare tires with run flat equipped cars so I'll invest in a can of tire flat and a portable air compressor.

Quick Reply: My new 750 LI M Sport w/ XDrive