Notices
General BMW | Mini General BMW & Mini Cooper Discussion Forum.

Jet Black E90 with 18" gunmetal M3 wheels - Lots of pics!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 02:25 PM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
Jet Black E90 with 18" gunmetal M3 wheels - Lots of pics!

I installed new wheels on my E90. I love the new look!

OEM 260M wheels and Michelin Pilot Sport tires

F: ET29 245/40/18 18x8.5
R: ET23 265/40/18 18x9.5

Last edited by mtechnik; 03-21-2010 at 12:21 PM. Reason: photobucket problems
Old 08-18-2009, 02:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great! Maybe smoked side-markers on the fenders would complete the black-out look?

Old 08-18-2009, 03:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Blakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond repute
SUCH a good looking car!

Old 09-20-2009, 05:22 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
mkbull is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello
I have just bought a set of these for my wifes e93
we have been having trouble with the 19" runflats that came with the car from new - uneven and quick wear on the inside. 2 rear sets in 15000 miles.
BMW wont accept any responsibility despite it being a seemingly common problem. I am very dissapointed with BMW as they have to know about this problem.

Question is I bought these wheels a little by mistake as I had not realised the different offset for the M3
Fitted them to my wifes car and they do look good but I am certain they would rub on the rear. Have you not had this problem when you go over bumps or have rear passengers?
I am going to try 2 smaller profile tyres 255 35 18's on the rear and hopefully get away with the fact that the wheels still stand off further from the hub - they do look good if they work???
It could be that my wifes car is a little lower than yours in the convertible model but I am certain the rear tyre sizes that you are using wont work.

Thanks
Mark

Old 09-20-2009, 08:29 AM
Teamspeed Member
Shawn Schroer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Shawn Schroer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Shawn Schroer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Shawn Schroer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Shawn Schroer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Shawn Schroer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Shawn Schroer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Shawn Schroer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Shawn Schroer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Shawn Schroer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Shawn Schroer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Looks quite awesome to me...!

Old 09-20-2009, 08:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
very shiney

Old 09-20-2009, 12:10 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet!

but they do rub..right?

I had them on my E93 335i too and they rubbed like crazy

even though the E90 has wider fenders I can see exactly the same rubbing marks on the outer tire as I had on my wheels.

But with some fender work or different tires it will work
Personally I would keep the tires as I found that they are the best I have ever driven on a BMW!

Old 09-20-2009, 10:42 PM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the compliments.

I'm going to address a couple issues here. The rest can be read here: **E90 with 18" 260M wheels reference guide** - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com

Only the rears rubbed with the OEM M3 Michelin PS2 tires (265/40/18.) I recently installed new Sumitomo HTR Z III tires all around. This time I went with 265/35/18 in the rear. I no longer rub after installing the new tires.

I will have more pics after MiniD shoots my car this weekend.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:59 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Looks perfect!