Notices
General BMW | Mini General BMW & Mini Cooper Discussion Forum.

2009 BMW 750Li vs. 2009 Mercedes-Benz S550

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 02:08 PM
Teamspeed Gaming Guru
cleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Vanq
I have to put up with iDrive 3 or 4 times a week, the rest of the time Im in a Benz with the command-system. If that claim turns out to be correct, I'll post a video of myself doing my best Lil Wayne (sp?) impression á la Cigcrazy...
Haha, I like the road presence or curb appeal of the S550 with its fenders in particular. My friend's Dad had a 745 then the 750 and he never seemed to mind the i-Drive too much. Then again, he said he rarely used it. They're both equally very luxurious and extremely nice to be in but the new S-class really does it for me. Although, that new twin turbo 4.4l v8 in the 750 should haul quite nicely

Old 04-06-2009, 03:57 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
It's amazing how BMW doesn't have one good looking car in their current line-up. They're like the opposite Citroën.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:50 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Vanq
Hugo, I had the S500 as well but decided to trade it for a CL500, its basicly the same thing sans the roomy backseats, although its slightly more fun to drive and IMO looks better, you should give it some thought

I really hope that BMW fixed iDrive, it's pure hell trying to set the navigation to a new destination, and changing song or radio station takes just under 10 minutes... And dont even get me started on changing engine settings....
U R right the cl looks better but i need the 4 doors and room of the long version as a daily driver

Old 04-14-2009, 07:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
It's amazing how BMW doesn't have one good looking car in their current line-up. They're like the opposite Citroën.
I have to disagree with you man, I like the new M3, M5 looks sweet, new Z4 will probably look nice, new 7 looks alot better than the previous version. With that said Merc & Audi both has better looking cars overall.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:31 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic
I have to disagree with you man, I like the new M3, M5 looks sweet, new Z4 will probably look nice, new 7 looks alot better than the previous version. With that said Merc & Audi both has better looking cars overall.
Audi definitely has the best looking DDs. the new thing they're doing with the LED's is sick.