Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

Buick Enclave

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 03:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mgoblue is an unknown quantity at this point
Buick Enclave

The wife loves them, and wants one for the mommy duty...which I'm fine with, I'd just like to hear some thoughts from any current owners.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:44 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Bradford will become famous soon enoughBradford will become famous soon enoughBradford will become famous soon enoughBradford will become famous soon enoughBradford will become famous soon enoughBradford will become famous soon enoughBradford will become famous soon enoughBradford will become famous soon enoughBradford will become famous soon enoughBradford will become famous soon enough
Funny thing is that my wife loved them also. That is until I rented one for a month while my car was in the shop. I put 2000 miles on it. At first we were excited to get an Enclave as a rental as we were interested in buying one. Actually, I could never imagine myself buying a Buick, but we really liked the looks of it. The problem with the Enclave is the transmission gearing. They are set up for max. gas effeciency so the rpm's are always so low that you have to really step on it to get it to go anywhere. If you are cruising along at 40mph or so and want to speed up, you can press on the gas 1/2 way and you go nowhere, then 3/4 gas and you still go nowhere. It is not until you kick it into a lower gear that it would start to move. Well this gets old after a while. By the time I returned it to the rental agency I could not wait to get rid of it. I do however like the looks and the comfort of the Enclave. They are a little bit to big though. The wheelbase is the same as the Tahoe if I'm not mistaken, but I would rather have a rear wheel drive Tahoe than a FWD Enclave.

I think we are going to get the Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited. It is smaller and the gas mileage is pretty decent at 25/27.

Good luck!

Old 01-31-2008, 04:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
My Uncle has one and LOOOVES it. Although he is a 2nd Generation former Buick dealer (my PopPop was the first) so take that for what its worth