Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

European Cars That Are Actually Interesting

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008 | 12:01 PM
|
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
European Cars That Are Actually Interesting

Since Dave S is seemingly trying to make us Europeans look like a bunch of underpowered diesel van drivers I decided that the situation demanded a swift and effectiver counter attack to show you Yanks that there actually are some decent cars on our side of the pond. Wich we keep for ourselves, naturally.

Exhibit #1 - The coolest executive car on sale today, the Citroën C6.

Notice the concave rear window.

Exhibit #2 - Focus ST. RS version is on the way.

Exhibit #3 - Hot Renaults. (see unlike the new laguna they make nice cars occasionally) Ignore those stickers though.

Exhibit #4 - Alfas!

Old 05-30-2008 | 12:16 PM
|
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Continued...

Just look at that interior.

Exhibit #5 - Cheap and cheerful motoring.

I always digged those posh Pandas.

Exhibit #6 - TVR.

Old 05-30-2008 | 12:19 PM
|
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Bronto
This car is nuts! I swung by the BMW dealership today and saw this standing at the entrance. It's such a huuuge car! Everything is big and massive and it has such a cool stance. The 'don't-ef-with-me' attitude you know. I met one on the way home too actually and it looked really cool among other cars in traffic.
I'd rather have this one than the RR, it's like what Batman would drive if he had a SUV lol ]
Bro I think you just killed the thread with that X6 lol.

Old 05-30-2008 | 01:04 PM
|
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Bronto
Lol sorry. Would you like me to remove it and post again in some while after you've finished posting your subjects?
No it's cool, but I assumed you intended to post in the X6 thread?

Old 05-30-2008 | 02:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Dave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond repute
Haha. You know I started thinking about making a thread of all the cool Euro cars, and on top of the list was Citroen C6. I actually like the new Megane and the Caddy is just perfect for Joxie boy.

Old 05-30-2008 | 02:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Dave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond repute
The Audi S3

Old 05-30-2008 | 02:32 PM
|
Teamspeed Pro
Ahh snap how could I've forgotten about the S3.

I'll throw some Defender pics in for good measure.

Is the Opel Astra VXR worthy of mentioning? I know it's hot hatch but on the other hand it's still an Opel...

Old 05-30-2008 | 03:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I think the old Vauxhall VX220 turbo (the Opel Speedster turbo) is worth mentioning.
The old Lotus Omega as well

Old 05-30-2008 | 03:27 PM
Teamspeed's Official Shaikh
CondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dave S
I think the old Vauxhall VX220 turbo (the Opel Speedster turbo) is worth mentioning.
The old Lotus Omega as well
I drove the Lotus Omega back in the 90's it was a very nice car I liked it very much

Old 05-30-2008 | 03:29 PM
|
Teamspeed Pro
If we're talking Q-cars we can't leave the Lancia Thema 8.32 out:

Quick Reply: European Cars That Are Actually Interesting