Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

2012 VW Beetle

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 12:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
rangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond repute
VW Beetle, seriously?

Old 10-10-2011, 12:32 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Carrera
^^ Nice 9,000th post.

Beetle R looks great, and actually the Golf GTI is one of my favorite hatches of all time.

And the low price is specifically the reason of the Jetta why I don't like it. They're so focused on getting the price as low as they can so they can sell more, and they sacrifice quality to get there. Most reviews I've read said the car felt like a 16k car, and nothing more. I've also seen reports from various previous generation Jetta owners who picked up the new one, and said it was crap. And I know I'll see the Beetle everywhere. Just as you can't drive down the street without seeing a Jetta. BTW, yes I agree, the Beetle now is a hot looking car.
I hear you, but you cannot compare the Beetle to a base 16k Jetta with a 2.5L I5. You can only compare it to the Jetta GLI, which improves/addresses pretty much any criticism of the base Jetta. Have a look at the new GLI and your opinion of the Jetta in top trim will change.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jmusser3r
Dude Carrara, every hot girl drives a Jetta so you better learn to like them
The kid only springs wood for p-cars, so talk like that goes in one ear and out the other.

Old 10-10-2011, 01:05 PM
KT
I give good hugs. Bo, you're first.
KT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond repute
I like the R but it has to come with those seats.

Old 10-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
I like them as well. The smoothed out the lines alot on the remodel and I think that once we start seeing a few nicely modded ones they'd be pretty cool run-arounds.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheAudi
The Beetle has nothing to do with what I refrained from saying .
I'm on the same page, Pete. I'm cracking up over here and trying to resist posting a pic. It's so wrong though...

Old 10-10-2011, 02:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
I had a Rabbit when I was 16.

I don't think they call it a Rabbit anymore though.
I had a Rabbit when I was in College. I was damn proud of it. Sort of sad I know.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
I had a Rabbit when I was 16.
Oh boy... Didn't need that image haha. I'm fvcked up in the head enough as it is!

Originally Posted by Alzilla
I'm on the same page, Pete. I'm cracking up over here and trying to resist posting a pic. It's so wrong though...
Yep, it's wrong even for my (and that's saying a lot :lol)). Maybe after a few drinks haha!

Old 10-10-2011, 02:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jmusser3r
Dude Carrara, every hot girl drives a Jetta so you better learn to like them
It's funny HS girls did like the Jettas. But what is funny or not, my daughter has three friends that drive A4s now. The new Jetta. My daughter wants one too. She drives a fully loaded Q7 SLine. She wants us to trade it in for a new A4.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rangieboy17
VW Beetle, seriously?
Yes a VW Beetle I think is COOL.

My range of cars apparently doesn't have to include the 99% unattainable for a good portion of the world. The drivers of the world don't drive Ferrari's and Porsche's. The drivers of the world drive real cars for real people.

I like ALL CARS

Well except Fords and Lambos but hey are they really cars?

Better yet tell me why it's not a good car? Well priced. Good gas mileage. Cool looking (obviously my opinion) The cars actually have resale value. VW is a great company and has been forever.

This car costs less than a GT3 Engine (by half)
Originally Posted by smokinghot4cars
It's funny HS girls did like the Jettas. But what is funny or not, my daughter has three friends that drive A4s now. The new Jetta. My daughter wants one too. She drives a fully loaded Q7 SLine. She wants us to trade it in for a new A4.
My wife wants to get the oldest an A4. Good cars. Good looking. Most likely will cave because I like seeing my wife naked.

Quick Reply: 2012 VW Beetle