Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.
View Poll Results: which car would you choose (bassed on her wants/needs)
Mini (Cooper or Clubman)
66.67%
VW CC
26.67%
Acura TSX
0%
Other
6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Questions and Opinions (appreciated)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Questions and Opinions (appreciated)

So, the new fire in my life is looking for a new car. I've suggested the following cars based on (my) experience for the following reasons (working with her parameters)

Mini Cooper / Clubman; super fun, reliable, excellent gas mileage, free maint cost for 3/years, exceptional resale value.

VW CC; Fun, great gas mileage, a little more room for her and her pup, decent in the snow, free maint. for 3 years. (unknown reliability and or/issues)

Acura TSX: Cheap, reliable, fun, decent looking, lots of bang for your buck, great gas mileage, very good resale/trade in value.

-She's looking to move into something cheap(er), great gas mileage, FUN!, great reliability, low over all 'true cost to own'. I'm (because I'm a car snob) having her stay away from anything domestic, Mazda (poor resale value, local dealer network sucks) - I mentioned Subaru, however to get a car she thinks is fun would cost a lot more then the above three. I even mentioned SAAB; but the 93 is getting long in tooth and personally I think SAAB people are weird. LOL

Any other suggestions and why? Thanks gang.

Last edited by STOPPIE; 05-02-2011 at 03:38 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
You really can't go wrong with a Mini.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:39 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Exactly what I was thinking Ara. They are exceptionally fun cars- and very classy for the price point.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:40 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Don't cheap out on your new squeeze. Boxster her up. Porsche of North Olmsted can probably give you a discount. Send them a PM, they are on here - Teamspeed.com - View Profile: Team@PorscheNorthOlmsted

Old 05-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
gabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to all
Both Cooper or Clubman are really fun to drive. And also pretty economic on gas.

Mini got my choice on that!!

Old 05-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
Originally Posted by jox
Don't cheap out on your new squeeze. Boxster her up. Porsche of North Olmsted can probably give you a discount. Send them a PM, they are on here - Teamspeed.com - View Profile: Team@PorscheNorthOlmsted
I'm gonna fvcking kill you. LMAO!!

Sorry charlie but she's a modern girl who wants to pay her own way, and will not justify her means for the Boxter....

Now, if she was my wifey........ a Pwhip would be in teh mix fo'sho

Old 05-02-2011, 03:49 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
I'm gonna fvcking kill you. LMAO!!

Sorry charlie but she's a modern girl who wants to pay her own way, and will not justify her means for the Boxter....

Now, if she was my wifey........ a Pwhip would be in teh mix fo'sho

Modern eh? How about a bus pass?

Old 05-02-2011, 03:55 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
You're definately going to jail for that jail bate Joxxie lol

Old 06-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
Update

So, after some research and test drives, Kerry decided to go with the CC. It *almost* didn't happen. She was interested in a metallic brown color, they pulled it in the service drive as it was pouring rain, and after I came back to talk to her about the deal- she said "I've been talking about this car since it came out, and I just am not excited about it. I mean, I SHOULD be excited about getting a new car, right?"

- Right!

So, after several questions to her and having her take a real good look at the metallic brown one, I said "come with me". We walked up into the showroom and I had her close her eyes just before she got into the showroom and said "open them".

Before her was a shiney, Metallic Black on Black R-Line CC. All ready to go.

"how about this one?"

"Whoa...that's AWESOME!" She said. "I'll take it!"

And with that- she did. Each one of us has a movie in our heads of 'what our next car,bike, truck, boat, plane, watch, house etc' looks like. Literally the SAME car- just different color and trim. And I must say, she's averaging 27MPG, that Turbo 4 cylinder with the DSG box is VERY fun to drive. Handles great and she's in lust/love with her car.

Meant a lot to me for her to allow me to help her out, and it's stories like that, that help remind me how special buying a car is. No matter if it's your first brand new Civic, or your first Certified Pre Owned 997 Coupe-

It's your $, and it should be special. Happy girl means I'm a happy guy.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox

Rep.

The mini is such a great car for the money. Plus, I am sure you'll find many excuses to get behind the wheel for some fun.

My other choice would be the CC. That car is outstanding. A friend of mine has one and I am always in awe of the interior. You can't beat it in its respective league, or perhaps even one above it.

Quick Reply: Questions and Opinions (appreciated)