Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

Under 40k Sports car - Your pick?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond repute
Spend $25k on E39 M5 and balance on 944 for the track.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Teamspeed Member
Bellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to behold
Hey Jon,
What about a C55 or 645ci? I really like the M3 idea though.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:20 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Scott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond repute
C55's suck. Stay away. The 645 is a good idea. Can they be had for that cheap w/o a gazillion miles?

I'd either do that or the E46 M3.

Old 02-09-2008, 07:10 PM
Teamspeed Member
Bellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to behold
Around me, you can get a 645ci ‘04, sport, stick; between $40k-$45k with 28k-45k miles on the odometer.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
iLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond repute
M3 you fool!

Old 02-15-2008, 01:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
drew935 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll say the E46 M3 as well for around that price. Cayman would be a close tie if you can find it around for that price.

Vodka's M3 is the secs. One of the cleaniest and best looking done up for a convertible, and the driver is a good guy as well

Old 02-15-2008, 02:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
eshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond repute
03/04 e46 M3 or 05/06 elise (topless and you'll fit fine, im 6'2...far cheaper to maintain than a bmw out of warranty.

Old 02-15-2008, 02:46 PM
Banned Forever
Champ is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by eshaun
03/04 e46 M3 or 05/06 elise (topless and you'll fit fine, im 6'2...far cheaper to maintain than a bmw out of warranty.
Agreed. Both the E46 M3 and Porsche C2 are expensive to maintain out of warranty. Both relatively reliable, but hurts when you have to fix anything.

From my prior experiences with a M Roadster, M3, S2000, and C2. The M Roadster with the 240hp M3 engine was actually the most reliable and fun car to drive. The S2000 was just the most reliable, I didn't really dig the low torque.

I have to say having owned all of them, the 996 C2 is probably the most ready to drive out of the box car I've owned. I don't really like to do too many mods.

You can probably find a good example around $30-$35K.

Old 02-15-2008, 02:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
eshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond repute
werd, the pcar might be what u want, but the elise is what you need if thats ur budget

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/car/571023805.html

SICK!