Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

Just a few pics of my non DD cars

Old 01-12-2011, 12:57 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Detomaso is an unknown quantity at this point
Just a few pics of my non DD cars

I have been lurking here for a while and thought I would throw out some pictures of a couple of my cars. Enjoy!

Sorry the picture quality is poor on a couple of them. A dark garage and a cell phone doesn't add up to great shots.

A little background on them. Having grown up around Mustangs, I always wanted to know what it would be like to be the original owner of a Shelby Mustang. When the Shelbys came out again I started thinking about them immediately. It took a couple of years to be in a position to purchase one. I went to the local dealer and bought my 2009 GT500 brand new and realized one childhood dream. It is stock and will most likely stay that way.

I first saw a Pantera at age 12. It had been heavily vandalized. I thought it was still an amazing car, a dream. I remember thinking one day I will have one of those. When Alessandro De Tomaso passed in 2003 I thought I better purchase one if I was going to do it because the prices would probably rise. Not being in the financial position to do so, I bought a basket case roller Pantera. I have spent the last seven years restoring/updating this car from the ground up. It has been a six figure restoration but I have the Pantera the way I wanted it. It is completely upgraded with everthing from adjustable chassis bracing and suspension to upgraded cooling, electrical,brakes,transaxle and everything else. The engine is a 408W that produces 587bhp on the dyno and ~750 on the bottle. The car weighs a little over 2800 lbs on the scales with some planned weight saving to go. Thanks for looking!

This is before moving the nitrous

This is after:

One more

Last edited by Detomaso; 01-18-2011 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Bad pictures