Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

Buying a car with a lien on it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 07:28 PM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sean
Sounds like I'm gonna have to make two trips to Phoenix. Ugh
Would you be interested in having someone in Phoenix broker the exchange to save you the trips? I have a very good friend in Phoenix who might be interested in helping for a small fee, and it would save you those trip costs.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
sean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting. It's in Fountain Valley, AZ.

Old 12-27-2010, 11:47 PM
Teamspeed Member
MrSlacker has a reputation beyond reputeMrSlacker has a reputation beyond reputeMrSlacker has a reputation beyond reputeMrSlacker has a reputation beyond reputeMrSlacker has a reputation beyond reputeMrSlacker has a reputation beyond reputeMrSlacker has a reputation beyond reputeMrSlacker has a reputation beyond reputeMrSlacker has a reputation beyond reputeMrSlacker has a reputation beyond reputeMrSlacker has a reputation beyond repute
The only SAFE way to do it is for the guy to pay off the car and get the title. Then you buy it from him with a title.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
sean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond repute
Hey new wrinkle! She just filed for bankruptcy. At what point is it no longer hers to sell?

Old 12-28-2010, 12:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Jeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sean
Hey new wrinkle! She just filed for bankruptcy. At what point is it no longer hers to sell?
I am pretty sure she needs to get BK court approval to sell any assets or liabilities included in the BK. Did the car loan get included in the BK?
If she is paying off the lien by selling the car to you, I can't imagine them not allowing it, but it will probably be more of a PITA to get the deal done.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:25 AM
PJS
Teamspeed Senior Member
PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
come on.... what is it?

:-)

to want to pursue it given the lien and the bankruptcy... and it is a she selling it... give us a hint

Old 12-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Just a dumb truck...I'm not chasing this anymore, it's not worth the risk. I told her if she can de-retardize the transaction I'd be interested. The search continues...

Old 12-28-2010, 11:53 AM
PJS
Teamspeed Senior Member
PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
good plan IMHO.

good luck to you

Old 12-28-2010, 12:34 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Bummer. It is hard out there for a lot of people right now. I think many of us on here forget how lucky we are to have what we do, myself included...