Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

Help picking a new truck

Old 09-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond repute
Help picking a new truck

I currently have a 2004 Acura TL that I bought because I was living in Florida during the winter but was driving back and forth between FL and Colorado a few times a year. I just needed something reliable and good for long distance drives. Well, now I am living in Colorado permanently so I want something that can handle the winters plus be used to go up to the mountains for camping, skiing and light off roading.

I am only looking to spend about 15-20k. Right now I am leaning towards a 2004 Grand Cherokee because that is the last year they came with the solid front axle (a plus for off roading) and seems to be the most reliable of the solid axle Grands. As you can see in my avatar, I used to have a lifted 98 Grand Cherokee and loved it but wasn't practical for the cross country driving I was doing. I was also thinking about a 4runner or Tacoma but I feel like the interiors are so cheap feeling plus they seem to be quite a bit more expensive than the GCs.

I plan on keeping this next truck as a dd until I can afford a second vehicle at which point I will designate this truck as a dedicated mountain/off roading vehicle. Sorry this is so long, but any other ideas on what I should look at?

Old 09-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
we have a 04 grand cherokee trail rated, its a great SUV but uncomfortable as sh**. Its relilable and decent on gas so in that price range thats my vote

Old 09-07-2010, 06:08 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
SVT Raptor!!!

Old 09-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
^They just released info of a 4 door coming out, so I think I'm sold. To the OP, I have a '03 jeep grand cherokee at the moment and the V8 does get great gas mileage. I understand how strange that sounds.

Last edited by "The JC"; 09-07-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Teamspeed Member
theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Ford F-250 King Ranch (Diesel)