Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

Car question for members with kids

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 12:08 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Woah! Lots happened. Congrats on the marriage, congrats on becoming a father, and congrats on the car!

Old 07-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the car and baby on the way.

Old 07-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PMac
Never put a child in a 2-door car. Ever. The main reason for this is simple safety. If you're in an accident, and need to get your child out of the car, there are any number of scenarios where this becomes impossible if there's no door to access the 2nd row directly. If you're injured, you may not be able to get to the back of the car. If you're trapped in the front of the car, your child is trapped until you're free. 2-dr cars tend to have be shorter, placing less energy-absorbing bodywork around your child when the 18-wheeler smacks into the back of you. The moment you clap eyes on your child, protecting them is the first, middle, and last thought that goes through your head.

When my kids were born, the 911 went away, and a nice sensible family sedan (OK, an E60 M5) took its place. I sold that a month back, and replaced it with a Cayenne Turbo, which is a wonderful family car, and a vastly superior daily driver than the M5 (and I say this as a big fan of the M5). Would I prefer a GT3 in the driveway? Of course, but there will be time for that once the kids are older. For now, the kids' needs come first. All other considerations secondary.

On a practical note, the first time you get the little bugger asleep in his/her carseat, load him/her into the car, and wake him/her up by banging the car seat against the back of the seat trying to contort your way into the back of a 2-door car, you'll rue the day you bought the damn thing.
As always Paul you are spot on.

Steve, congrats on the new baby and the car. I am sure that you will enjoy them both. My daughter just turned 7 months old last week.

Old 07-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Steve on everything. Looks like its all going your way at the moment! All the best!

Old 07-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bmoores
Congrats Steve on everything. Looks like its all going your way at the moment! All the best!
Thanks! I just only post the good stuff