Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

96 Land Rover Diso part out?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
96 Land Rover Diso part out?

I have an opportunity to buy my friends 96' for $600. The engine, interior, and drive train; etc are in good condition. It has 100k miles and was totaled when he flipped it. It didn't do much damage to the car and still drives. My question being - is it worth it to buy and part out everything, and send what's left to the crusher? I think it'd be an easy way to make money. I am posting this on my BB - will post pictures of the truck when our internet comes back on...

Old 03-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Meh, it's a hassle and you're not gonna make that much IMO. If you had for free, sure, but 600$ for interior and drivetrain? Not worth the trouble unless there are specific parts you want to grab.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
yzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond repute
It depends on how much time you have on your hands. It is usually easy to part out cars however you will spend a lot of time removing parts and shipping them. Not worth it imo.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
diamondg89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by MiniD
I have an opportunity to buy my friends 96' for $600. The engine, interior, and drive train; etc are in good condition. It has 100k miles and was totaled when he flipped it. It didn't do much damage to the car and still drives. My question being - is it worth it to buy and part out everything, and send what's left to the crusher? I think it'd be an easy way to make money. I am posting this on my BB - will post pictures of the truck when our internet comes back on...
You could do this but Its really pointless I worked for 2 years at an auto salvage yard owned by my family and we did exactly what your talking about only we had hundreds of cars. The thing is that your going to part out this car and then your going to have to list all these parts which wont sell right away. Car parts take time to sell we had stuff that was 2-3 years old on the shelf. The thing is since he flipped it your body parts arent worth shit im assuming. Now your drivetrain has 100k on and being that its a range its really not going to have much more life to it. At a auto salvage yard you might get 400 bucks for the car and thats a big IF. Most places pay 2-300 and thats about as much as youll probably get for the car because the way a yard see's it they look at how much they can scrap it for considering only a certain % of the parts on said car will sell...

Im here all day folks I got answers if you've got questions about auto salvage yards.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
Don't.
i sold auto parts before, Land Rover parts aren't highly in demand.
96 at that!