Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

Lexus lx 570

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 08:30 AM
Teamspeed Member
nyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of light
Lexus lx 570

looking for reviews from owners of the Lexus LX 570. Anybody that came out of the full size range rover and could over a comparison would be especially helpful. Thanks in advance.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:14 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
I know people that have the Land Rover equivalent and prefer that over the re badged Lexus version. They love it.

She's a big girl, that's for sure. What about a MB GL550?

Old 02-15-2010, 12:25 PM
Teamspeed's Official Brain Surgeon
brnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond repute
We have the prev lx470.
Over 125K miles, 9 years old
Handles WV back country and snow very well. Essentially no major problems, and still rattle free and drives like new.

Old 02-16-2010, 05:25 AM
Teamspeed Member
nyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
I know people that have the Land Rover equivalent and prefer that over the re badged Lexus version. They love it.

She's a big girl, that's for sure. What about a MB GL550?
My wife has the gl550. We have been happy with it. I am looking for something for myself and dont want another one. Either lx570 or full size RR

Old 02-16-2010, 05:19 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nyc123
My wife has the gl550. We have been happy with it. I am looking for something for myself and dont want another one. Either lx570 or full size RR
AHHH... gotcha!

I think the new RR HSE's are nice. I'm a fan of new(er) body style.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:24 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
AHHH... gotcha!

I think the new RR HSE's are nice. I'm a fan of new(er) body style.
I had an 08 hse supercharged and liked it. I never really considered any Lexus but was impressed with a short ride in the lx570. No question the looks are better in the range but something about the LX has me wanting to try it.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
roccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond repute
I just sold the Toyota version (Land Cruiser) that we took in on trade recently on eBay. It seemed pretty nice rode well, good power & handling is what I excepted (not nearly as nice as looking). I Absolutely love RR's, I think they are brilliant, and I quite like what they did with the most recent update. The only thing that would keep me from buying one is the reliability and depreciation. The last few clients of mine that bought new ones traded them off within the first year or two because they kept on having to take them into the shop constantly. If they have fixed those issues, I myself could forgive the depreciation, as I think a big part of that is that Land Rover got the rep for having issues quality wise and that kept a certain part of the market away from them a few years old, and if they fixed that, I would expect the market to correct itself one the public was aware.

Just my .02, but Range Rover all the way!

Old 02-17-2010, 12:39 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
Originally Posted by nyc123
I had an 08 hse supercharged and liked it. I never really considered any Lexus but was impressed with a short ride in the lx570. No question the looks are better in the range but something about the LX has me wanting to try it.

Well then that's your answer! Worse case scenario you live with it for a little bit and trade it in if you're not that happy with it. I have a client who loves his Toyota version, said its one of the best SUV's he's owned. He also has had a CGT, numerous Turbos and GT2, so he's not your typical lexus owner.

Originally Posted by roccoman
I just sold the Toyota version (Land Cruiser) that we took in on trade recently on eBay. It seemed pretty nice rode well, good power & handling is what I excepted (not nearly as nice as looking). I Absolutely love RR's, I think they are brilliant, and I quite like what they did with the most recent update. The only thing that would keep me from buying one is the reliability and depreciation. The last few clients of mine that bought new ones traded them off within the first year or two because they kept on having to take them into the shop constantly. If they have fixed those issues, I myself could forgive the depreciation, as I think a big part of that is that Land Rover got the rep for having issues quality wise and that kept a certain part of the market away from them a few years old, and if they fixed that, I would expect the market to correct itself one the public was aware.

Just my .02, but Range Rover all the way!
I have the same opinion Dustin. Great points.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:48 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
evosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished road
we have an LX470, and that thing is great. supremely reliable with plenty of hauling power and actually has offroading capabilities and options built into it (such as a secondary drive selection + ride height/characteristics adjustment), which is great. From what I have read, the new LX570 actually brings more to the table than the LX470 did, so it's probably even more superior, which is a hard feat to do.

I have nothing but praise for it if you're in need of a true offroad-capable vehicle, though I believe Land Rovers (not Range Rovers) would be the real competitor you're looking at for off-roading. if all you need is a street machine with looks, then Range Rover will outclass the LX. Otherwise, the LX will best the Range Rover, but maybe not a Land Rover.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:23 PM
Teamspeed Member
lx 570

Originally Posted by evosky
we have an LX470, and that thing is great. supremely reliable with plenty of hauling power and actually has offroading capabilities and options built into it (such as a secondary drive selection + ride height/characteristics adjustment), which is great. From what I have read, the new LX570 actually brings more to the table than the LX470 did, so it's probably even more superior, which is a hard feat to do.

I have nothing but praise for it if you're in need of a true offroad-capable vehicle, though I believe Land Rovers (not Range Rovers) would be the real competitor you're looking at for off-roading. if all you need is a street machine with looks, then Range Rover will outclass the LX. Otherwise, the LX will best the Range Rover, but maybe not a Land Rover.
hmm. not sure I agree with this. In terms of off road the Lexus is capable for sure but if I had to put my money on which would be a better off road truck I would bet on the range rover and in terms of a street truck I am interested in the LX as I think it will be a more comfortable long distance cruiser.