Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

VW New Compact Coupe Concept unveiled for Detroit debut

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 06:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond repute
VW New Compact Coupe Concept unveiled for Detroit debut

Off worldcarfans.com:

VW will be debuting the New Concept Coupe (NCC) at the Detroit auto show today.

The New Concept Coupe is a full hybrid car, which in European media has been referred to as a Golf Coupe prototype. The car is likely based on the same platform as the Golf/Jetta and, although still in the concept stage, it will most probably come to be called the Jetta Coupe if it ever goes to market in North America.

The vaguely named New Compact Coupe comes with VW's 1.4 liter TSI engine, a turbocharged 4-cylinder dialed up to 150 hp and 220 Nm of torque (177 lb-ft), coupled to a 7-speed DSG gearbox (a dual-clutch sequential transmission), as well as an electric motor with 20 kW/27 hp. Powered by a lithium-ion battery pack, the electric motor is able to propel the car on its own, which allows the vehicle to be classified as a full-hybrid. When the TSI engine is shut down, it is also disengaged to reduce any drag effect.

Performance numbers on the coupe are impressive - with only 98 g/km in CO2 emissions, the NCC does the 0 to 100 km/h sprint in just 8.6 seconds and has a top speed of 227 km/h (141 mph), all the while delivering 4.2 liters/100 km (45 mpg) in fuel economy.

The NCC comes in "Tungsten Silver Metallic" with bi-xenon headlights and LED daytime running lights, turn signals and tail lights. The NCC is 4.54 m (178.5 inches) long, 1.78 m (70.1 inches) wide and 1.41 m tall. Fitted with 19-inch "Lugano" alloy wheels, the NCC comes finished with a Grigio Quartz (grey quartz) and Berry White leather interior.

Styling on the coupe seems perfectly aligned with the rest of the VW lineup. Despite no confirmation yet, reports put the NCC already approved for production with sales starting within the next two years.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
edbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond repute
that's a good looking car, interior is very slick. I likes.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Why?!

I just don't get it - do they want to take sales away from Audi's line up, which they obviously own. Just another pointless model like BMW's 1 series.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LABrit
Why?!

I just don't get it - do they want to take sales away from Audi's line up, which they obviously own. Just another pointless model like BMW's 1 series.
It makes sense in the US since they can't cannibalize Audi A3 sales. Audi doesn't make a small coupe here, so I don't see the problem. It might sway buyers away from the GTi, but I kind of doubt it since they are two completely different body styles.

As for the styling, I absolutely LOVE it! It's quite the sleek and stylish little coupe. The front end is great but the rear steals a lot of cues from the Audi A4/5, not that that's necessarily a bad thing...

Old 01-11-2010, 08:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
Love the styling. I don't see how it cannibalizes anything. I don't get the A7 but this one will be at a much lower price level. From the limited info we have it seems to come in just one configuration (to keep cost down - no question) as a hybrid.

8.5 seconds will not turn GTI buyers to get this one. 45MPG I am sure will be turned into 60+ in no time by hyper milers.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:56 AM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
That's a great looking car! I was actually kind of surprised.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:03 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
For the UK market it certainly does.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Wow what a fantastic looking car!! very sharp!! Too bad it's a damn hybrid.

Old 01-11-2010, 01:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
I'm all over this if I can get a straight gasoline model with turbo sans hybrid crap that puts out 250hp and looks close to, if not exactly like, that concept.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
thats awesome, sign me up..just what i have wanted from vw!!