Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

Land Rover Confirms Production Of LRX

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 10:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Land Rover Confirms Production Of LRX

Land Rover's officially announced confirmation today they'll build a production version of the itty-bitty baby Land Rover LRX coupe concept. The always-looking-to-go-off-road brand's even released this new rendering of what the still nameless little tyke'll look like. Look familiar?

It should. It looks exactly like the LRX concept except it has doorhandles. Yes, this includes the Land Rover signature design elements like the clamshell hood, the floating roof and the 'wheel-at-each-corner' stance. Also, a penchant for being purchased by well-heeled Wall Street execs for their baby girls heading off to college.

Other interesting news to note is the new two-door will be built in the Halewood plant in Liverpool, subject to quality and productivity agreements. Secondly, the plant that's getting killed? It's a Land Rover plant. We're told the "West Midlands manufacturing will transfer from two plants to one by the middle of the next decade."

Press Release:

Gaydon, Warwickshire, 24 September 2009 – Land Rover has confirmed today a production version of its exciting LRX concept car will be built. The new car will debut next year and join the Range Rover line-up in 2011.

Designed and engineered at Land Rover's state of the art Gaydon facility, the new Range Rover will be the smallest, lightest and most efficient vehicle the company has ever produced.

The new car will be built at the multi award-winning plant in Halewood, on Merseyside, subject to quality and productivity agreements and will be sold in over 100 countries around the world.

Phil Popham, managing director of Land Rover said: "The production of a small Range Rover model is excellent news for our employees, dealers and customers. It is a demonstration of our commitment to investing for the future, to continue to deliver relevant vehicles for our customers, with the outstanding breadth of capability for which we are world-renowned."

"Feedback from our customer research also fully supports our belief that a production version of the LRX Concept would further raise the desirability of our brand and absolutely meet their expectations." Phil added.

Gerry McGovern, Land Rover design director said "The new vehicle will be a natural extension to the Range Rover line-up, complementing the existing models and helping to define a new segment. It will be true to the concept and have many recognisable Range Rover design cues including the signature clamshell bonnet, the floating roof and the solid 'wheel-at-each-corner' stance."

More details of the new small Range Rover will be released next year.

Last edited by 4Wheels; 09-24-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Looks ok from the outside but the inside??!!!! No...........

Old 09-24-2009, 10:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
This car is gonna sell like hotcakes to people like this-

Old 09-24-2009, 10:28 AM
Teamspeed Member
pattymcfatty76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by tractorcrusher
This car is gonna sell like hotcakes to people like this-

YES!

Old 09-24-2009, 11:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
barebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^ That guy is the man. I love his wife though.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:20 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Damn...
I will not surrender my man card here...
But...

I kinda like that thing... Wouldn't make a bad daily driver/sales guy ride... I kinda like the star trek interior...

Old 09-24-2009, 12:42 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
i kinda love it

Old 09-24-2009, 12:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chokeu2
Damn...
But...

I kinda like that thing... Wouldn't make a bad daily driver/sales guy ride... I kinda like the star trek interior...
It's gonna be (too) expensive though, I was talking to the local LR dealer the other day and according to the briefing he recently had on this car they are going to position this between the Disco and the RR Sport/fullsize. ~€70k (FYI Disco base price starts at €65k and RR Sport at €85k) base. Which, frankly, is just plain ridiculous.

The only way I see this thing becoming a succes is to squarely aim it at the BMW X1 and the posh versions of Tiguan/Kuga. So basically slash the sale price in half.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Another thought; can you imagine how ghey it is inevatibly going to look in the showroom flanked by two Defenders.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chokeu2
Damn...
But...

I see what you are not saying B.

Quick Reply: Land Rover Confirms Production Of LRX