Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

2009 Tokyo Import Car Show Pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 07:47 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post 2009 Tokyo Import Car Show Pics

Photos and text by Johan@wheelSto:

The Neez Model 7, Model 5, and Model 15 wheels together are worth more than some E9x 3 series cars!

The new line of "ClubSport" wheels from Neez offers new looks and new applications for Audi, VW, and Mercedes.

Another shot of the Neez Model 7 wheels on a 997 Porsche:

Here is G Power's supercharged monster E92 M3! This kit has been running in Germany for over a year now, and has impressed many with its comprehensiveness and reliability:

This competition Aston Martin wears Yokohama Advan rubber. The Yokohama tire company has been dedicated to motorsport for many years, and makes some of the best competition tires out there.

Akropovic's 997 GT3 exhaust system was on display, with a really cool mirror setup for a great view of just how the exhaust looks once it's mounted on the car.

Roberuta brought a Pagani Zonda to the show! I love the pearl white paint, and the Zonda is one of my all time favorite supercars. Do you guys love this car too?

BBS wheels never fails to impress at any of the Tokyo shows with amazing new wheels, aggressive sizing, and some of the cleanest, best put together cars at the show.

Rays Engineering introduced some great new wheels at the show, and also featured the Studie E46 M3. What does everyone think of the aggressive kit on this M3?

I never get tired of looking at Audi R8s, like this one built by Roberuta. The body work on this and their Mercedes was completed by Body Shop Hamana. Their work is very impressive!

Old 07-08-2009, 07:48 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Klassen wheels had a strong showing with a beautiful Ferrari 430 and Maserati Quattroporte.

I can honestly say that I've never seen a Ferrari on Advan Model V's before! Although I did not like the chrome finish, the Model V is one of my favorite wheels, and I loved seeing them on this 360.

This Porsche had Work Brombacher wheels, specifically designed by Work Wheel Japan for Porsche applications. Their mesh style center suits Porsche very well, don't you think?

Altrack's exhaust system for the Ferrari 360 is an absolute work of art. The tips might be too outlandish for some, but they're certainly pushing the envelope.

Brembo's carbon ceramic brake kits blow me away every time I see them in person. I can't believe how cool these look! The added benefit to all these cool looks is amazing heat control properties, and great wear resistance, but that also comes with a pretty heart-stopping price tag.

Liqui Moly brought an old E46 320i touring car. I used to love watching these compete, before the E90 320i race cars hit tracks all over Europe.

Just seeing the Volk TE37 G2 wheels on VRS' E92 M3 made me want a set for our shop! I bought two complete sets in E92 M3 fitment the day I got home.

3D Design represents the more conservative end of the BMW modification spectrum in Japan, with their always classic front lip, exclusive to them Work Brombacher wheels in BMW fitment, and even a classic looking pinstripe.

Advan F7 wheels on ArqRay's M6:

Studie is as excited about the E90 320i as I am! This car was designed for great steering and throttle response, and is such a cool car to modify.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:49 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
Here is a new take on a classic Mini, by Weds Sport:

These Vorsteiner styling pieces for the E92 have become absolute classics. I know that 10 years from now, they will be remembered as the must have exterior styling modification of the time:

Vorsteiner also had an E60 on display, along with their full line of wheels and body modifications.

I loved the aggressive wheel fitment and ride height on this Jaguar!

Fortunately, this show was not all about modern cars. Here is an incredibly clean 2002 tii car that I fell in love with.

As we walked outside of the show, I got to see some of the less traditional cars. Studie brought a complete lineup of M cars, done in styling that is far less conventional than what the US is used to. To many in the US, these cars are unattractive, but to me they are simply brave enough to try something new.

I loved Studie's take on the BBS LM-R wheel- treating the wheel to a full polished finish gives it a completely new look.

Studie's E46 M3 had a bright, vibrant color. I am in love with the Japanese car community's passion for really having fun with cars. Instead of building cars to please other people, many of the great tuners in Japan are brave enough to build cars that please them first.

The idlers club stickers on this E36 M3 track car meant that this car sees quite a bit of track time. Idlers club members are usually very serious drivers.

Nakai-San of Raugh Welt and Rough World fame brought his truly amazing Porsche to the event. Not only does the car look incredible with its Matte Black paint and Bronze SSR wheels, but this is a fully functional, competitive track car, even with its extreme wheel fitment and ride height. This car proves that you can look good and go fast, too.

This strange Japanese trend will never make it to the US, I think. I'm not sure we're missing out much!

Studie can make a beautiful, classic looking car too. These AC Schnitzer wheels on this BMW Z8 are a timeless choice.

This photo shows one thing that truly amazed me about the Import Car Show- the sheer volume of exotics! Where else can you go to see a row of modified Lotus Esprits, only to look across the parking lot and see a row of modified Ferrari 360s only a few feet away? Truly amazing!

Old 07-08-2009, 09:34 PM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
Did you attend DJ?
Nice pics...
Im pretty sure the Enzo and CLK DTM belong to that Japanese female-ish race car driver

Game over

Old 07-09-2009, 09:01 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, that is an amazing post! What an event!! Some of those wheel manufacturers can create some absolutely breathtaking machines. Thanks for the pictures DJ!