Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

Dodge Vipers... Whats Your Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 11:46 AM
Teamspeed Member
Racerfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Dodge Vipers... Whats Your Thoughts?

i owned 3 of them... a 1999, a 2000, and a new body style 2003.... fast as shit... gets attention everywhere.. and right there were the only 2 pros of the car.

drivers comfort is pathetic.. i cant imagine spending more than 30 minutes in that cockpit.. feels like eternity.

stereo sucks.... no bells and whistles period.
the car shakes and rattles inside like its a 30 year old car.
getting in and out of the car is a job in itself.

but a very fun car is a straight line is what youre after.

i prefer the vettes myself.. make a c6 just as fast as the viper for under $6000.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bryanc
i owned 3 of them... a 1999, a 2000, and a new body style 2003.... fast as shit... gets attention everywhere.. and right there were the only 2 pros of the car.

drivers comfort is pathetic.. i cant imagine spending more than 30 minutes in that cockpit.. feels like eternity.

stereo sucks.... no bells and whistles period.
the car shakes and rattles inside like its a 30 year old car.
getting in and out of the car is a job in itself.

but a very fun car is a straight line is what youre after.

i prefer the vettes myself.. make a c6 just as fast as the viper for under $6000.
Bryan, I am following you...

I owned a 2006 SRT-10 coupe for about two weeks. Drove it from Dallas to Little Rock, parked it, and put it on the market. Very fast, got more attention than any car I had at the time, everyone wanted to look at it. I had a Z06 at the time also and the Z06 was just so much more comfortable and easy to drive so I couldn't justify keeping it.

Old 02-25-2008, 02:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
iLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond repute
I love the Viper ACR's with a passion

Old 02-25-2008, 02:58 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
I find them very comfortable, even for 200+ mile hauls, and have no problem getting in and out of mine even with the top up, and I'm 6'5 (though I do have a 1" lowering kit on the seat).

Don't have any shakes or rattles either. As for being fast in a straight line, yes, they are, but they will turn with the best of them providing you have the balls to drive one fast on a road course. If you're judging the cars abilities on the stock run-flats, you should try one with some lightweight wheels, Michelin PS2's, and a proper suspension setup.

Pound for pound, my Viper is still the most fun I've ever had in any car.