Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

Daily Driver

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
jengleco is a splendid one to beholdjengleco is a splendid one to beholdjengleco is a splendid one to beholdjengleco is a splendid one to beholdjengleco is a splendid one to beholdjengleco is a splendid one to beholdjengleco is a splendid one to beholdjengleco is a splendid one to beholdjengleco is a splendid one to beholdjengleco is a splendid one to beholdjengleco is a splendid one to behold
Daily Driver

What is everyone's opinion for a new daily driver:

-BMW M3 Coupe
or
-Audi S5

Old 03-05-2009, 10:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond repute
ummm.... either. I love them both. Depends what you want, M3 is a bit more of a brute, S5 is a bit more classy IMO

I'd get an M3 but could easily understand arguments for the S5.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
If there's a chance you'll be driving people around, I'd go with the 4-door M3.

The Audi is nice but it will probably depreciate faster than the M3.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:57 AM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
I think the S5 coupe is the best looking sports coupe on the market right now.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:31 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
jengleco is a splendid one to beholdjengleco is a splendid one to beholdjengleco is a splendid one to beholdjengleco is a splendid one to beholdjengleco is a splendid one to beholdjengleco is a splendid one to beholdjengleco is a splendid one to beholdjengleco is a splendid one to beholdjengleco is a splendid one to beholdjengleco is a splendid one to beholdjengleco is a splendid one to behold
thanks for the insight...I love the looks of both cars...the S5 is definatley a great looking car and the M3 comes in second in looks. But the M3 takes the cake in performance and handling...or does it? I feel I cant go wrong with either, but some helpful hints from some that have driven both or own would be great.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I'd flip a coin for it.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
As far as a DD is concerned I used to have an Audi S4, but now have an M3...the M is a much better car. Everything you'd want as far as comfort on the street ,but a true hooligan at the track. However, it may be different for you, but looks are not as important to me as how the car drives. That being said, the S5 is the better looking car. A good friend of mine has an S5 and thinks that its a M3 rival, which it clearly is not.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ATL
I think the S5 coupe is the best looking sports coupe on the market right now.
Maserati GTS bitch!

Old 03-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond repute
S5. Much more civilized than the M3. And don't even think about the M3 sedan, its hideous.

Old 03-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Babak has a reputation beyond reputeBabak has a reputation beyond reputeBabak has a reputation beyond reputeBabak has a reputation beyond reputeBabak has a reputation beyond reputeBabak has a reputation beyond reputeBabak has a reputation beyond reputeBabak has a reputation beyond reputeBabak has a reputation beyond reputeBabak has a reputation beyond reputeBabak has a reputation beyond repute
I was very disappointed after driving the S5. Go drive it.

I'd go with the M3.

Quick Reply: Daily Driver