Notices
Garage Forum Learn about Garage Flooring, Custom Cabinetry, Doors, Lifts, Wall Wraps & More.

Carraige Style Garage Doors

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 10:42 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
crazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond repute
Carraige Style Garage Doors

People always seem to be complaining about the loss of overhead space from a garage door opener.

Even if you get a jackshaft mounted motor, you still have the issue of the track overhear, even with the door closed.

Has anyone used carriage style doors with motors on the sides like this?

Obviously they are more expensive that a normal garage door, but I think they could solve a lot of problems.

I am looking to buy a house soon, and one requirement is at least a 2 car garage with ample room for workbenches and tool boxes. I would love a set of great looking carriage doors and was wondering if anyone has them. Here is a picture of what I am talking about.

Last edited by crazy1323; 12-08-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:45 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Those are sweet, but I don't think my HOA would allow it (right? UGH). I have an exceptionally tall garage (it's 25'x25'x15' tall!), so I'm going to re-engineer the tracks to extend further up the wall before curving over along the ceiling (or just below it). Then I only need to cut the height from the supports and VOILA! A four-post lift will fit easily.

Please post pics on whatever solution you come up with. There are tons of good ideas in that garage thread, too.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
crazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond repute
What makes you think the HOA wouldn't allow it. I would think they would like it since it would add curb appeal and class to your house.

Who would think that a stamped metal door looks better than wodden carriage doors?

Old 12-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I hear you man - I've looked at the roll-up doors that are/look like wood for some time, but I'm certain they wouldn't let us change it.

I hope you find a home with a suitable garage. Those doors look amazing.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Thanks a lot. There isnt much to chose from here in Memphis, but hopefully I find something soon.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:13 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
HOA's are tough sometimes with doors not conforming to the rest of the community. These are great looking though!

BTW email an old friend of ours from vault garage, Chad can def help with this.
chad.haas@vaultgarage.com

Old 12-08-2011, 11:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Sweeeeeet...
Was just talking with an architect friend about this kind of solution

Old 12-08-2011, 01:17 PM
Former Sponsor
RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I'm also checking with Amarr corporate for you. Seeing if they have bi-parting.

Amarr® Garage Doors - Over 60 years of garage door manufacturing excellence

Old 12-08-2011, 01:19 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
^^My bad didn't know you dealt with these James!

Old 12-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Former Sponsor
RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by DJ
^^My bad didn't know you dealt with these James!
It's all good. I don't know if they have 'em or not. It's hard to know all my capabilities. My vendor list just passed 5,000.

That doesn't include the new stuff I've been working on for the 2012 launch.

Quick Reply: Carraige Style Garage Doors