Notices
Garage Forum Learn about Garage Flooring, Custom Cabinetry, Doors, Lifts, Wall Wraps & More.

Our Garages

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 12:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
welcome aboard btw

Old 10-11-2008, 01:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute
Wow that is one hell of a collection. Great looking cars.

Old 10-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Great collection, and beautiful garage setup.

Old 10-11-2008, 02:38 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
95RogueM3 has a spectacular aura about95RogueM3 has a spectacular aura about95RogueM3 has a spectacular aura about95RogueM3 has a spectacular aura about95RogueM3 has a spectacular aura about95RogueM3 has a spectacular aura about95RogueM3 has a spectacular aura about95RogueM3 has a spectacular aura about95RogueM3 has a spectacular aura about95RogueM3 has a spectacular aura about95RogueM3 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
Your dad is the coolest. What a fun collection to have and play with. BTW what is the plaque all about, did Ariel go under?
They didn't go under. Ariel never manufactured the Atom in the states, the production was handled by Brammo Motorsports. Brammo was located in Oregon and ended up selling their stake to TRAK, INC who were their Canadian counterpart. TRAK, INC is also responsible for running the Ariel Atom Experience track day which my father and I attended at VIR and which consequently led to our purchase. Our ATOM is actually an AAE-edition car which is unavailable to anyone who didn't participate in the track day (color, certain options).

The plaque is courtesy of the guys at Brammo who wanted to do something special for their last production Atom2. So they made up the plaque and asked to sign under the front body panel. Both give the car a very cool "something extra".

When production begins again, Trak Inc will be producing the Atom3 in Danville, VA (home of VIR).
Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ
Love the variety. The 'mog, your M3 and the Atom are my favorites. We need more pictures of the powerwagon though, I love those old trucks.
The MOG is very tempermental (not running last I was there) but is an absolute off-road monster when working. It would be difficult to get it stuck or find an approach-angle it couldn't overcome.

The M37 has been in a mild state of restoration since its purchase a few years ago. Eventually it will go to the body shop to have the bed rails replaced and other little things taken care of, but it runs like a top. So far my dad has replaced the seats and seat mounts (the previous owner installed velour seats from an AstroVan ...I kid you not) and done lots of little things to make it more authentic. While cool, I can't help but see it as $$ he could have spent on the Turbo.

Thanks for the compliments on my M3. I was given that on my 17th birthday bone-stock. It has since gone through a completely upgraded drivetrain, wheels, brakes, interior, you name it.

Originally Posted by MeanMachine
I love the Unimog, very nice.
Thanks. Riding in the back is good for a quick headache from the fumes.
Originally Posted by alkyoneus
great collection, lol have you rolled up to your local supermarket in the tank haha
No, we haven't registered it. However, it could be registered and driven on the street given the turn signals, brake lights, and horn. Its also 56 years old which would more than qualify it as an antique vehicle. We decided the attention would be so negative and getting pulled over on a regular basis would blow.

Originally Posted by 86blackwidow
Wow that is one hell of a collection. Great looking cars.
Thanks.

Roadster Pics (I was 20 at the time):

The Roadster has a 350 V8 in it and is a reproduction. It sounds awesome (you can see the pipes exit under the doors) but is relatively slow. Its still one of my favorites, though.

Old 10-11-2008, 03:13 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
My man in all these great pics your avus M3 still holds up! Thnx for sharing!

Old 10-11-2008, 04:38 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
95RogueM3 has a spectacular aura about95RogueM3 has a spectacular aura about95RogueM3 has a spectacular aura about95RogueM3 has a spectacular aura about95RogueM3 has a spectacular aura about95RogueM3 has a spectacular aura about95RogueM3 has a spectacular aura about95RogueM3 has a spectacular aura about95RogueM3 has a spectacular aura about95RogueM3 has a spectacular aura about95RogueM3 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DJ
My man in all these great pics your avus M3 still holds up! Thnx for sharing!
Thanks DJ and a HUGE thanks for the new avatar!

I meant to say that all of the above pics can be viewed in higher-res by simply removing the ".sized" from the pic URL.

Here is a gallery of my M3: Rennlist Member Gallery :: 1995 E36 M3

Here is another BMW I owned and then sold in May of this year. It was an awesome project that I took from half-assed to a truly over the top build. It had an AEM Standalone (the first PnP AEM in a BMW), full built motor, GT35R turbo, fuel system (75# injectors, 255 pump, huge rail), CCW wheels, full 3.5" exhaust that put down 535whp and 545wtq @ 22 psi. It was so over the top and yet so much fun. Zero traction with 255's in 1st 2nd and 3rd gears thanks to the torque hit at 4k rpms.

To see the full gallery of that build, I have most of the pics here: Rennlist Member Gallery :: 1995 BMW 332 Turbo

At the end of the day I sold it because: It wasn't getting driven enough, was averaging 10mpg (75# injectors and the car just drank fuel in boost), and living on your own gets expensive.

Old 10-11-2008, 06:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
That is like a dream come true! Sweet.

Old 10-11-2008, 11:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond repute
Love the 442 any more pics?

Old 10-12-2008, 10:54 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by Barrister
That is like a dream come true! Sweet.
He seems pretty happy with the cars he has collected. I could do without a few, but I guess the variety is what makes it all so interesting.
Originally Posted by NotSoMiniC
Love the 442 any more pics?
Not too many as the car has been at a local restoration shop (really just one laid back guy) for the past 1.5 years. My dad wants it back but is in no real rush as we don't have much garage space left and it likely wouldn't be driven all that often anyway.

That car is special to my dad had one while he was in Law School in the early 70's. He had a '68 not this '69 and is now having this one made to be more like his: shorter rear differential gearing, interior carpet fixing, among other things.

Here are the other pics I snapped of it shortly after its roadtrip from Atlanta: Rennlist Member Gallery :: 1969 Olds 442

Old 10-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Dansc has a spectacular aura aboutDansc has a spectacular aura aboutDansc has a spectacular aura aboutDansc has a spectacular aura aboutDansc has a spectacular aura aboutDansc has a spectacular aura aboutDansc has a spectacular aura aboutDansc has a spectacular aura aboutDansc has a spectacular aura aboutDansc has a spectacular aura aboutDansc has a spectacular aura about
Great collection and superb barn. I will take pics of our barn where I have some cars in this week.

Quick Reply: Our Garages