Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

!! Need an audiophiles help !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 02:38 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
adamls2 will become famous soon enoughadamls2 will become famous soon enoughadamls2 will become famous soon enoughadamls2 will become famous soon enoughadamls2 will become famous soon enoughadamls2 will become famous soon enoughadamls2 will become famous soon enoughadamls2 will become famous soon enough
Question !! Need an audiophiles help !!

Alright, so basically i'm trying to figure out what receiver I need to go along with a new system. Iv'e had my Logitech zx5500 for almost 8 years now, and I somehow managed to yank the connector of the head unit from the subwoofer, damaging the 15 pin plug. Replacing that piece was harder than I thought, so I just decided to go with a new system. I'm currently living in a small apt. at the moment so I don't need anything huge. I think I have my mind set on the Energy Take Classic 5.1 which seems to be pretty decent for the money.

My question is what receiver should I get for it? I know absolutely nothing about this stuff so please bare with me. It will all be integrated with a 42" lcd TV, Google TV module, Xbox, a desktop computer, and I would like to have the ability to plug in my iphone, ipod, or some external audio source. Iv'e heard air play is available in some devices, but I don't want to get into much higher prices to have it. There's not really a set budget. but I don't want a crazy expensive receiver.

Any help, advice, or information is greatly appreciated!