Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

PS3 Slim rocks

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 10:35 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
PS3 Slim rocks

So, the mrs was looking into getting FF8 from the PS1 on PS Network, and before I knew it, we are looking to retire our original 60G PS3.

I knew how to upgrade the HD, and I need a media server to put all the pictures, movies, etc on it since now they are scattered on lots of SD cards. I never got around to doing anything about it because the fan noise, well, more like jetengine noise, coming out of our original PS3 makes me not want to upgrade it.

We stopped at Best Buy yesterday and bought a PS3 slim after checking their return policy, in case the slim is till jet engine loud. And I am very happy to report that the slim is whisper quiet, and we no longer have to turn the volume really high to watch Bluray movies. Yes, it was that loud.

I also looked into the hard drive upgrade, and it looks like as long as you keep it at the same 5400rpm speed, you should be good. So I ordered a 1TB SATA 2.5" notebook drive. I am looking forward to being able to easily access all the pictures and movies that we took in one place.

Should have done this sooner, will not miss the 60G super loud jet engine fan.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:57 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Nice - I've been considering it since my PS3 has been cranking since 2008... Thanks for the heads-up.