Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

Sharp 70 inch 3D 240hz LED TV

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 01:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Sharp 70 inch 3D 240hz LED TV

This is supposed to come out pretty soon. MSRP $4,499. It gets a lot of good reviews on picture quality.

Is anyone else planning to buy this?

Sharp LC-70LE735U Review; Aquos Quattron, LED LCD TV, 240Hz, 3D TV

Old 07-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
It's edgelit LED, so no, save your money for real backlit local dimming LED TV, like the LG one I posted a while back.

Old 07-04-2011, 01:39 PM
Official Teamspeed Duck's Fan
BuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond repute
This will drop in price faster than ever. Wait until late Nov and buy it for well under <$3k.

Stuka is correct, buy back lit for sure.

Old 07-04-2011, 01:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I love the idea of a 70" panel. But I am not sold on 3D yet.

Old 07-04-2011, 05:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
I love the idea of a 70" panel. But I am not sold on 3D yet.
Agreed. I haven't yet become a TV connoisseur but I have the 60" sharp 240hz led no 3d and I love it. Very bright sharp and doesn't seem to kill my electric bill.

Old 07-04-2011, 05:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by BuzzedHornet
This will drop in price faster than ever. Wait until late Nov and buy it for well under <$3k.

Stuka is correct, buy back lit for sure.
Does anyone make a backlit panel of this size? The LG Infinia 73 inch fits the bill but it seems to be vaporware.

Old 07-04-2011, 07:32 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
I'm in the market for a new 65"+ LED tv. Was leaning towards the new Samsung UN65D8000. It was supposed to have the 1/4" edge but was shipped with the larger edge instead. Regardless, the picture is supposed to be pretty impressive.

All of these new LED TV choices make my head spin....

Old 07-04-2011, 08:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
djantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond repute
I like the 720 series Sony. The picture really pops out to my eyes and seems identical to the XBR series. They have 55, 60, and 65 I think. 60 is only 2500 now.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by djantlive
I like the 720 series Sony. The picture really pops out to my eyes and seems identical to the XBR series. They have 55, 60, and 65 I think. 60 is only 2500 now.
SONY's backlit local dimming series is this:

AVS Forum - View Single Post - Official Sony HX929 Owner's thread (46HX929, 55HX929, 65HX929)

Old 07-05-2011, 12:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
djantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka
I can't tell the difference between local and edge backlit. I CAN tell a sharper image with more vivid color and motion though.

Therefore, the 720 series is great for me. Not everyone is an video fanatic I suppose.