Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

Ps3 + gt5

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 08:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Ps3 + gt5

Hi gamer guys ;o)

I'm gonna buy a PS3 so that I can play GT5, so I have a few questions..

Is there anything I should be aware of.....I can see there are different size disks on them, but besides that is there any difference between the different versions?

Whats the best steering wheel, manual shifter and pedals (three)?

Thanks in advance....

Last edited by Zymi; 12-09-2010 at 08:44 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:34 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
The old aka the big versions of the PS3 were able to play PS2 games. The new slim editions are not downward compatible anymore.

Best steering wheel: Fanatec GT3RS Edition. Sort of expensive but totally worth it IMO. You can check it out Fanatec

Old 12-10-2010, 05:36 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Be prepared for a 1-hour load time when you first install it... Then it's not too bad.

Also, there is no killing (except for some cones and guardrails), so you'll be happy as well!

Old 12-10-2010, 05:41 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Be prepared for a 1-hour load time when you first install it... Then it's not too bad.
Not too bad, but totally overhyped. I expected much more from this game. The engine/exhaust sounds still suck donkeyballs.

Old 12-10-2010, 05:50 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali

Also, there is no killing (except for some cones and guardrails), so you'll be happy as well!
Bastard!!!

Really an hour. Well if it's only the first time it's ok I guess.....ehh...not really, but what can you do..

Old 12-10-2010, 05:52 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by sinan
The old aka the big versions of the PS3 were able to play PS2 games. The new slim editions are not downward compatible anymore.

Best steering wheel: Fanatec GT3RS Edition. Sort of expensive but totally worth it IMO. You can check it out Fanatec
It's my first console so it doesn't matter with downward comp.

I will check out Fanatec

Edit: is this a problem with other race games?

PlayStation® 3
This console is not supported officially but some PlayStation® 3 games work as well.

Last edited by Zymi; 12-10-2010 at 06:29 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sinan

I'd say the g27 is just as good as it comes with the shifter standard.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond repute
I use Logitech G25 driving wheel. It's cheaper than the g27, but no difference besides that.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:59 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I just found out that a friend wants to sell his G25, so I'm gonna try that and see. GT3RS V2 comes i January in EU version....that's a long wait ;o)

Old 12-11-2010, 12:03 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
QYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant future
Also I think the difference between the G25 and G27 is there is no clutch on the g25 where as the g27 has one. correct me if Im wrong tho.