Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

Logitech Revue with Google TV

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 09:59 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Logitech Revue with Google TV

"Revue comes with an easy-to-set-up companion box and an intuitive companion keyboard controller. Simply connect your TV and cable or satellite set-top box via HDMI and your high speed Internet connection via Ethernet or Wi-Fi to the Logitech Revue, and you’ve got Google TV.

Your TV can be the TV of the future, and it will only get better. Revue is a companion to your TV and not a TV itself, so it can be easily updated. Plus Google TV is an open platform, with developers creating more apps and functionality next year, so your TV will do more as Google TV does more."

All the details - > Overview

So anyone try it here yet?

Old 12-02-2010, 10:18 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
barchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond repute
Rumor is that Google TV is coming to PS3 next spring.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:21 AM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
I played with it in Best Buy a couple weeks ago. It actually seemed pretty darn cool. And would encourage me to sit on the couch way too much.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:35 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
richieporter is an unknown quantity at this point
Have the networks allowed their content on here yet? Last I heard they were blocking Google TV.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I had one of these but returned it. Found it to be pretty useless. You could get Amazon video on it, but Amazon's encoding is very poor compared with Apple TV or Sony Playstation video stores.

There was netflix, but again the PS3 implementation of Netflix is much better.

You couldn't use Hulu or much online video - while Hulu Plus is on PS3.

On the whole I found there was nothing on the GoogleTV that wouldn't rather do on my PS3 or Apple TV. So I returned it.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:55 AM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ Thank you for that!
You just adjusted my curiosity about this.
Quite pleased with my PS3 for all the reasons you just mentioned.