Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 07:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
How many of you have done the Vettel Challenge? I'm at level 30 and am able to do it but I haven't tried yet. Is it pretty tough?

Old 03-04-2011, 10:22 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
QYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant future
Ive yet to even unlock it =(

Old 03-05-2011, 05:57 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond repute
Yup I have bronzed all 3 Vettel tracks. Silver/gold us doable at Monza (I'm less than a sec away) but the other two tracks I'm like 10 secs off gold.

Old 03-05-2011, 06:04 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond repute
Tip: change camera view whilst driving to the highest position where you can see the cars nose. This let's you see further down the road and prepare for corners earlier.

Once you get use to driving an X2010 then you will be bored driving anything else afterwards!!

Old 03-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Banned
chapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond repute
I broke down today and bought the 458 Italia in Blu Pozzi, did all the upgrades except the weight reduction section (i think it ruins the originality of the car)
Anyways, WOW what a car in this game.. I absolutely love it. The handling and speed is great, especially with the Driving Force GT Steering Wheel, on manual it is even better.

Last edited by chapsbk; 03-06-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond repute
Got to level 30 a few weeks ago. Tried the Vettel Challange and managed to Gold Monza and Bronze the other 2 tracks after some time. It is very hard to do, period. I don't have 80 hours a week to practice in order to Gold the other 2 tracks within the next 3 years, not to mention the wear & tear on my steering wheel. Wow. You have to be absolutely perfect to gold these challanges.

And someone correct me if I'm wrong, but according to GTPlanet, you cannot trade the X2010 cars at all now.

So, my offer goes out: Anyone who knows how I can get a "vigin" zero mile Red Bull X2010 Carbon Prototype, perhaps saved on a cheap USB drive or something. I'll pay for it. Not sure what it would be worth, $5, $10, $20 over and above the cost of a cheap USB drive - I don't know, but the offer is out there.

Otherwise, thanks for reading, and sorry I couldn't have been more of an online player.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex_997TurboRSC
Tip: change camera view whilst driving to the highest position where you can see the cars nose. This let's you see further down the road and prepare for corners earlier.

Once you get use to driving an X2010 then you will be bored driving anything else afterwards!!
I feel like they changed the dynamics of the car with the last update. I used to be pretty quick with it but they seem to have dulled the steering of the X1.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:01 PM
Banned
chapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond repute
Does anyone have good tips on how to rank faster on b-spec? I am currently lvl 5, and I am racing my driver with my exotics. (I have $4 million, so cars are easy for me to get...)
Thanks.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Zeus
And someone correct me if I'm wrong, but according to GTPlanet, you cannot trade the X2010 cars at all now.

So, my offer goes out: Anyone who knows how I can get a "vigin" zero mile Red Bull X2010 Carbon Prototype, perhaps saved on a cheap USB drive or something. I'll pay for it. Not sure what it would be worth, $5, $10, $20 over and above the cost of a cheap USB drive - I don't know, but the offer is out there.

Otherwise, thanks for reading, and sorry I couldn't have been more of an online player.
You cannot trade anything above 1M credits new and 980,000 credits used. So that means no more X2010 gifting.

The ONLY way you will get one now is through the Vettel challenges OR someone sharing one online with friends. I have one with zero miles but dont bother using it as I have something like 10 coloured ones and 3 vettel ones to keep me busy - and they are all the same performance/handling.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Alzilla
I feel like they changed the dynamics of the car with the last update. I used to be pretty quick with it but they seem to have dulled the steering of the X1.
They certainly did - I found the X2010 much easier/smoother to drive after the 1.06 update.

Quick Reply: The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread