Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official Modern Warfare 2 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
The problem is that we all need mics, be willing to sit and watch a corner/window/etc., and have discipline as a team. If a group of us gets together (you, me, Gobbles, GuessWho), we could probably do that, but most people just want to run and gun. When Gobbles and I were working together (not like today), we'd dominate games. Several times we'd have 60-70% of the total points for our team.
Yeah we need to get back to that. I've been having too much fun with the tactical knife lately though.

Old 01-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Loffredo is infamous around these partsLoffredo is infamous around these partsLoffredo is infamous around these partsLoffredo is infamous around these parts
We should all have the same clan tag

Old 01-01-2010, 10:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute
I've got a mic if anyone wants to play the mission-based games.

Old 01-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
I put my clan tag as TmSd and im getting on in a few.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Loffredo is infamous around these partsLoffredo is infamous around these partsLoffredo is infamous around these partsLoffredo is infamous around these parts
TmSd is the clan tag

Old 01-01-2010, 11:06 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gobbles
Yeah we need to get back to that. I've been having too much fun with the tactical knife lately though.
No kidding dude - it was all willy-nilly. I was trying to snipe and getting worked when everyone flowed away. We either need to run and gun together (like in the airport) or cover for each other (like in Karachi). If we could have covered that intersection from the overpass and the tall tower, we would have dominated that game. I know some sick combos for fields of fire if we all want to go into a private match and I can show you guys...

If we are all working together, then those fags can camp as long as they want. They'll get bored sitting there and come and get smoked. The other move is to work as a real team and have 3-4 guys moving forward with 2 watching the rear (like a big diamond).

I got lots of ideas.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:10 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
PS3 users add me

asudude4726

Old 01-01-2010, 11:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe I need to let you guys teach me a thing or two about tactics. I just run off into the fray and stab people. It's pretty entertaining to get an 8+ kill streak with just the tactical knife.

Unfortunately my fiance usually sits on the other couch and studies for her med school board exam when I'm playing, so no mic for me. I need to get a dedicated game room. But I'm definitely down for some coordinated play, I'm usually trying to flank while everyone else moves up the middle.

My big problem with the game is the surround sound mix seems out of wack. I always hear bullets contacting around me, but I can't hear the direction of the gun fire. Then I die, and in the kill cam I see a dude with a big loud AUG shooting at me 20 feet away. I think I should be able to hear that pretty clearly (and I'm playing with some Shure SE530's coming out of a 5.1 processor).

Speaking of knifing, I had a pretty hilarious kill in Wasteland. Some sniper shot at me from about 100 feet away, and I zig-zag sprinted while he kept shooting, closed the distance, and stabbed his ass. I bet he was pissed.

Last edited by Andrew; 01-01-2010 at 11:43 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Andrew
Speaking of knifing, I had a pretty hilarious kill in Wasteland. Some sniper shot at me from about 100 feet away, and I zig-zag sprinted while he kept shooting, closed the distance, and stabbed his ass. I bet he was pissed.
That's awesome! I just love how you knifers can take two rounds in the chest and then sprint the final 8 feet to stab me in the arm for an instant-kill.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Overtaker
That's awesome! I just love how you knifers can take two rounds in the chest and then sprint the final 8 feet to stab me in the arm for an instant-kill.
That wasn't really the case here, the guy wasn't good enough to shoot me as I ran back and forth.

The Commando perk is admittedly frustrating when combined with lag. From my perspective, I don't teleport 8 feet, it's usually more like 2. Lag causes the frustrating teleportation.

Quick Reply: The Official Modern Warfare 2 Thread