Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

A Robot That Pumps Your Gas,

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 12:49 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Phil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond repute
A Robot That Pumps Your Gas,

God, don't you just hate pumping gas? I mean, you work so hard to be sitting down for as much of the day as possible, be it at your desk, on the couch or behind the wheel, and then you end up having to stand on your legs when you need to refuel. Gross! Well, the days of you pumping your own gas might be coming to the end, as the Dutch have built a gas-pumping robot that takes all the effort out of the exercise.

Gas-Pumping Robot

The $111,100 contraption comes loaded with a database of where the tank is located on cars, allowing it to open the tank door, unscrew the cap and then gingerly insert the nozzle without scratching up the paint. It'll allow you to keep the stink of gasoline off your hands and will let you stay in your toasty car when the weather is lousy, which is good, although I can't really imagine too many gas stations willing to drop six figures on such a device. We'll see! [Reuters]

Old 02-21-2008, 11:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Massyman is a splendid one to beholdMassyman is a splendid one to beholdMassyman is a splendid one to beholdMassyman is a splendid one to beholdMassyman is a splendid one to beholdMassyman is a splendid one to beholdMassyman is a splendid one to beholdMassyman is a splendid one to beholdMassyman is a splendid one to beholdMassyman is a splendid one to beholdMassyman is a splendid one to behold
finally..so i don't have to freeze my ass when im back east.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
eshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Massyman
finally..so i don't have to freeze my ass when im back east.
Sure, that and maybe if you're physically impaired in some form. I actually dont mind getting out since its a good opportunity for me to do a visual on car, pop the hood and look around like you know what you're doing, check oil, tires and pressure, etc...especially if you like to feed some speed to your ride in the twisties and the on ramps. Doubt it does the twist and remove like a wine pour to make sure you're getting ever drip drop of that premium blend you paid for, instead of letting it drip down your paint