Notices
Ferrari Super Cars Ferrari Enzo, FXX, F50, F40, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official Ferrari F40 Picture and Info Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 11:24 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by RufMD
Actually it was. They informed me before the car shipped from Bahrain that a sandstorm had hit at the airport, and they no longer had access to the cars for security reasons. They kept me informed and assured me that the car was not going to be covered by anything it wasn't in the condition they usually do.

The car cleaned up perfect, no swirl marks or scratches....no damage en route....sandstorms cannot be controlled !

I recommend Bestlog.de wholeheartedly as the shipper of choice for overseas car transport.
It really is worth going with top quality shippers as you never know what might happen in route. Glad it made it back it perfect condition. It looks like your tires held up well on the track.

Old 05-14-2008, 11:59 AM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Boxer
It really is worth going with top quality shippers as you never know what might happen in route. Glad it made it back it perfect condition. It looks like your tires held up well on the track.

Quite true, I was just glad they kept me informed and followed up delivery with a call to make sure everything was ok. I appreciate that.

With regards to the tires, I expected more wear and tear. They were put through their paces by better drivers than I, and came through quite streetable at the end of it all. Upon close inspection, there were little rubber marbles and strings that were melted into the tread, that could easily be peeled off....but considering some of the cornering and braking the car underwent, par for the course !

There seemed to be little performance degradation during the course of 2 days as well. All in all, quite satisfied. Obviously, as these tires get further and further from date of manufacture, more modern alternatives such as PS2's will be tires of choice. Front pirellis in oem size for the F40 are next to impossible to find.

Its too bad I didn't get a chance to hop in the F50 for some hot laps...that would have been a treat ! Alex had offered, but somehow we couldn't match up.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:38 PM
ss7
Teamspeed Pro
ss7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond repute
Guys check this F40 LM being sold on ebay right now, so sweet

Old 05-14-2008, 11:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Love that beast....785 bhp unrestricted!

Old 05-15-2008, 06:21 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by RufMD
With regards to the tires, I expected more wear and tear. They were put through their paces by better drivers than I, and came through quite streetable at the end of it all. Upon close inspection, there were little rubber marbles and strings that were melted into the tread, that could easily be peeled off....but considering some of the cornering and braking the car underwent, par for the course !

There seemed to be little performance degradation during the course of 2 days as well. All in all, quite satisfied. Obviously, as these tires get further and further from date of manufacture, more modern alternatives such as PS2's will be tires of choice. Front pirellis in oem size for the F40 are next to impossible to find.

Its too bad I didn't get a chance to hop in the F50 for some hot laps...that would have been a treat ! Alex had offered, but somehow we couldn't match up.
Over here we can normally find Michelins that will fit the F40. Per my experience, the marbles and strings on the threads will wear off after a few miles of normal road driving.

It is too bad you did not get a chance to run in the F50. It is a very different experience.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:11 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Scott W is an unknown quantity at this point
Whats a thread, just spent the best part of a n hour going through it, some amazing shots of the F40 Jas, it is still my favorite F-Car the detail shots are extraordinary! Keep it going.

How many miles are on it? It looks absolutely mint! You must really out some serious time into looking after it!

Old 05-18-2008, 03:11 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Is the LM street-legal in the US? If so, is it even driveable on American roads?

Originally Posted by ss7
Guys check this F40 LM being sold on ebay right now, so sweet

Old 05-18-2008, 03:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Chris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond repute
Man, I wish all of you F40 owners were located in FL.

One of my close neighbor's has an F40 as well. One of my favorite cars, esp. after I got a ride in it!

I am setting up another runway photo shoot with just him and the F40 in the near future. Helicopter photography + empty runway + F40 = heaven.

If any of you own or are friends with any F40 owners in FL that would be interested in joining in on the photo shoot please PM me. I would love to have you out.

Can't wait.

Old 05-18-2008, 04:29 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Alex
Is the LM street-legal in the US? If so, is it even driveable on American roads?
It is a race car, so as far as I know it is not legal for road use....

Old 05-18-2008, 06:16 PM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Scott W
Whats a thread, just spent the best part of a n hour going through it, some amazing shots of the F40 Jas, it is still my favorite F-Car the detail shots are extraordinary! Keep it going.

How many miles are on it? It looks absolutely mint! You must really out some serious time into looking after it!

Thanks man, I have less than 2k miles, and I do enjoy keeping it in fine fettle

Quick Reply: The Official Ferrari F40 Picture and Info Thread