Notices
Ferrari Super Cars Ferrari Enzo, FXX, F50, F40, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official Ferrari F40 Picture and Info Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 10:57 AM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Craigger
RufMD, waking up to your posts every morning are possibly a better gift than life itself. You truly embody the perfect enthusiast and you deserve everything you have worked for.

Bravo.

Ps. I still remember you posting looking for your F40. seems the wait paid off in spades and its the perfect example.

Are there any on the market now that you would consider "upgradeing" too?
Thanks bud, I appreciate it.

My current car would be tough to replace. Its a '92, very low miles, concours shape. At Cavallino 2007 they honored 20 years of the F40, and multiple F40's were present from around the country. It ended up copping a Platinum and the Major Trophy for Best F40....so in that sense, the only thing that could replace it is a minty LM...but then I couldn't drive it on the street (legally anyway )

Old 01-30-2008, 11:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RufMD
Thanks bud, I appreciate it.

My current car would be tough to replace. Its a '92, very low miles, concours shape. At Cavallino 2007 they honored 20 years of the F40, and multiple F40's were present from around the country. It ended up copping a Platinum and the Major Trophy for Best F40....so in that sense, the only thing that could replace it is a minty LM...but then I couldn't drive it on the street (legally anyway )
thanks for the answer, another question

how many 92's were there compared to 91's?

Old 01-30-2008, 11:27 AM
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
thanks for the answer, another question

how many 92's were there compared to 91's?
Interesting question ! I don't know the answer to that, but I will try and find out.

I know that mine, #92336, is the 185th out of 213 US cars built. It was a late production car delivered in March 1993 to a fellow in California.

Old 01-30-2008, 11:33 AM
Some more pics...

Harry, a good friend of mine, has this beauty in Michigan ! His was the 4th car ever made for the US market, and belonged to a certain guy named Mario !

Attached Images    
Old 01-30-2008, 11:45 AM
more pics.....

Attached Images       
Old 01-30-2008, 12:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. absolutely fantastic. One final question (for now).

Have you ever thought about the 288GTO? Or is the only thing on the radar as of now an F1?

Old 01-30-2008, 12:20 PM
Wow. absolutely fantastic. One final question (for now).

Have you ever thought about the 288GTO? Or is the only thing on the radar as of now an F1?
288 GTO is a real collector car...272 made, prices rising fast (500-600k+ range now)...Would be a great car to own, then you start thinking F50, or 333sp, or ? The list is endless, and not limited to F cars.

As for the F1, its a distant dream, not in the near future. I only hope that if I'm ever in that position to cop one, it hasn't risen into the stratosphere in terms of pricing...methinks it will.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
iLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RufMD
288 GTO is a real collector car...272 made, prices rising fast (500-600k+ range now)...Would be a great car to own, then you start thinking F50, or 333sp, or ? The list is endless, and not limited to F cars.

As for the F1, its a distant dream, not in the near future. I only hope that if I'm ever in that position to cop one, it hasn't risen into the stratosphere in terms of pricing...methinks it will.
Go for a Zonda in that range, you already have the best of the best Ferrari and Porsche wise

Old 01-30-2008, 12:23 PM
some higher res stuff...

Old 01-30-2008, 12:25 PM
Zonda is cream for sure...Horacio's passion is evident in the attention to detail, possibly the finest for any car in terms of production quality.

Quick Reply: The Official Ferrari F40 Picture and Info Thread