Notices
Ferrari Super Cars Ferrari Enzo, FXX, F50, F40, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official Ferrari F40 Picture and Info Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Banned
kowalsky is an unknown quantity at this point
Wish all treads were like this one... Nice....

Old 03-08-2008, 01:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
StoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond repute
Wow Jas spectacular pics..........can you say......."Hand Built"???

Old 03-08-2008, 07:09 PM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Definitely hand built I'd say !

Here is a wonderful history and driving clip of the 288 GTO Evoluzione, the immediate design predecessor of the F40...

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?...eature=related

Old 03-08-2008, 07:24 PM
ss7
Teamspeed Pro
ss7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond repute
wow, those pics are history. Thanks a lot for sharing.

Old 03-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Wow, Jas those are great!

I like the black airboxs so much more, but they were only in like 15/20% of the cars from what I have read.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:35 PM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SSNISTR

I like the black airboxs so much more, but they were only in like 15/20% of the cars from what I have read.

Ryan, you learn something all the time with these cars...I always thought the airboxes were painted black aftermarket or were replacement ones...it wasn't until I saw this factory pic that it becomes clear that they were oem.

I prefer the silver ones only because they match nicely with all of the other silver ducting bits under the rear cowl.

To illustrate the variety in construction on the F40, I once bled the clutch on mine....I was looking for the bleed nipple where the manual said it ought to be...couldn't find it !

Finally, after an hour or so, I called a well respected service tech with years of F40 experience...he asked my serial number, and I gave it to him.

His response ? "Oh, that was one of the last ones made...so and so worked on these, and he placed the bleed valve at the bottom of the engine accessible from below !!!"

So, each car is unique and slightly different....kind of neat in my eyes !

Old 03-09-2008, 08:00 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the thread Ruf.

One of my fav F40 vids. Sounds so pissed off.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=veU7xETANNI

Old 03-09-2008, 10:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by RufMD
Ryan, you learn something all the time with these cars...I always thought the airboxes were painted black aftermarket or were replacement ones...it wasn't until I saw this factory pic that it becomes clear that they were oem.

I prefer the silver ones only because they match nicely with all of the other silver ducting bits under the rear cowl.

To illustrate the variety in construction on the F40, I once bled the clutch on mine....I was looking for the bleed nipple where the manual said it ought to be...couldn't find it !

Finally, after an hour or so, I called a well respected service tech with years of F40 experience...he asked my serial number, and I gave it to him.

His response ? "Oh, that was one of the last ones made...so and so worked on these, and he placed the bleed valve at the bottom of the engine accessible from below !!!"

So, each car is unique and slightly different....kind of neat in my eyes !
Hand built cars are something else....

Old 03-09-2008, 11:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NK1983 has a reputation beyond reputeNK1983 has a reputation beyond reputeNK1983 has a reputation beyond reputeNK1983 has a reputation beyond reputeNK1983 has a reputation beyond reputeNK1983 has a reputation beyond reputeNK1983 has a reputation beyond reputeNK1983 has a reputation beyond reputeNK1983 has a reputation beyond reputeNK1983 has a reputation beyond reputeNK1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Still one of my MUST have all time cars.

I WILL acquire one before I croak. With Billarycare or Barackocare thats going to take ALOT of patient volume and very careful investment but I will get there.

Thanks for the pics! I think I changed my desktop 5 times going through thsi thread.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by SSNISTR

Based on the different F40s I have seen, it appears that the black airboxes were fitted on more of the early ones and the late production F40s got the silver boxes.

Quick Reply: The Official Ferrari F40 Picture and Info Thread