Notices
Ferrari Super Cars Ferrari Enzo, FXX, F50, F40, & More Discussion Forum.

2006 FERRARI FXX EVOLUTION - For Sale at Ferrari of Ft. Lauderdale

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 12:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
^ Explain how the program works then. I have always been curious.

Old 05-11-2011, 01:24 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Ferrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Very cool!

Could you take a minute and explain how this car is being sold.

It is my understanding that these cars were not actually sold to their owners - just licensed to them.

I may be totally misinformed. Could you clarify??

Thanks and GLWS!!

Hello Barrister,

I would be happy to clarify. I hope this is not rude but you ARE misinformed. The cars were sold to the owners outright. The draw (besides the car itself) in the beginning was the total program which is still running. IT involves fees to Ferrari (which includes the support as well as storage and transportation of the vehicle to each of the races arranged by Ferrari). The program is still in effect and has been expanded to inlcude the 599XX clients. The fact that you buy the car yet Ferrari still holds the cars is probably how the rumors about licensing began.

At any time you can remove the car for private track usage but many of the drivers prefer to keep the car with Ferrari for 2 reasons. 1) They arrange for EVERYTHING which makes the race days very enjoyable and 2) THe car does require sophisticated track support that most people cannot provide. (FYI Ferrari of Fort Lauderdale can and often does support these cars as our team was trained by Ferrari and we possess a car (other than this one) which we use regularly for private use outside of the Ferrari Program.

The purchaser of this car really has 3 options: 1) Keep the car in CLienti Programme and Ferrari will maintain and store the car, 2) Bring the car in to their private collection for display purposes and we will arrange for a private support program when they want to use it, or 3) We will arrange for a storage/support program for when they want to use the car at private track events.

I hope this was helpful.
Garrett

Old 05-11-2011, 01:26 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Ferrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dante71
Same question here too, and what about the 599 XX?
The 599 XX program is very similar to the FXX program other than the cars being different. I do not know of any 599XXs that are not engaged i the official program mainly because it is so new and all of the drivers really enjoy the comaraderie and the traveling involved with the official 599XX Clienti Programme.

I hope this was helpful.
Garrett

Old 05-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
teflon is an unknown quantity at this point
Ferrari FL answered your question while I was typing my response. So that my message won't be a complete waste, I will just leave you a link to the brochure for your reading pleasure: Corse Clienti. The Fxx section begins on page 61.

Greg A

Old 05-11-2011, 01:34 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Originally Posted by teflon
Ferrari FL answered your question while I was typing my response. So that my message won't be a complete waste, I will just leave you a link to the brochure for your reading pleasure: Corse Clienti. The Fxx section begins on page 61.

Greg A
Hi Greg

Your link to the brochure didnt work. just an FYI.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
teflon is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Ferrari FL
Hi Greg

Your link to the brochure didnt work. just an FYI.
That's weird. It works fine for me when I click on it. Are you clicking on "Corse Clienti"?

Greg A

Old 05-11-2011, 03:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by teflon
That's weird. It works fine for me when I click on it. Are you clicking on "Corse Clienti"?

Greg A
Worked fine for me, interesting reading in this thread and the brochure I will save to a rainy day! Good luck with the sale Garett.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Sideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond repute
Hello Barrister,

I would be happy to clarify. I hope this is not rude but you ARE misinformed. The cars were sold to the owners outright. The draw (besides the car itself) in the beginning was the total program which is still running. IT involves fees to Ferrari (which includes the support as well as storage and transportation of the vehicle to each of the races arranged by Ferrari). The program is still in effect and has been expanded to inlcude the 599XX clients. The fact that you buy the car yet Ferrari still holds the cars is probably how the rumors about licensing began.

At any time you can remove the car for private track usage but many of the drivers prefer to keep the car with Ferrari for 2 reasons. 1) They arrange for EVERYTHING which makes the race days very enjoyable and 2) THe car does require sophisticated track support that most people cannot provide. (FYI Ferrari of Fort Lauderdale can and often does support these cars as our team was trained by Ferrari and we possess a car (other than this one) which we use regularly for private use outside of the Ferrari Program.

The purchaser of this car really has 3 options: 1) Keep the car in CLienti Programme and Ferrari will maintain and store the car, 2) Bring the car in to their private collection for display purposes and we will arrange for a private support program when they want to use it, or 3) We will arrange for a storage/support program for when they want to use the car at private track events.

I hope this was helpful.
Garrett
I`ve always wondered how it worked but no one could really give me a answer.
Thanks for posting this.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Hello Barrister . . . I hope this was helpful.
Just the explanation I was looking for!

Not rude at all - I suspected that I was misinformed and wanted the word from the horse's mouth.

I wish I could buy it. I would keep it in the program if I did.

GLWS!

Last edited by Barrister; 05-11-2011 at 04:43 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute
man, wouldnt it be awesome to get in on the lower range of the 500xx?! this is a real dream...

good luck with the sale.

Quick Reply: 2006 FERRARI FXX EVOLUTION - For Sale at Ferrari of Ft. Lauderdale