Notices
Ferrari GT Ferrari F12berlinetta, 612, 599, California, 575, & More Discussion Forum.

Mystery of a Warranty Card and Owner's Service Book

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 03:51 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Clyde is an unknown quantity at this point
Mystery of a Warranty Card and Owner's Service Book

I have already posted that I purchased a 2002 Ferrari 575M Maranello in Argento Nurburgring, Vin # ZFFBV55A020129983, Assembly # 47143. What I hadn't previously provided was the engine #, which I had planned to do at some point in time. The other night I was leafing through my manuals and came upon the "Warranty Card and Owner's Service Book", and when I opened it I saw that it listed the Vin # and the Engine #, so I started to mark down the engine # listed for the purpose of posting it here, when I realized that the Vin # listed looks different than my own. I ran down to my 575 and checked, and sure enough they are different, the one in this booklet being Vin # ZFFBV55A620128451, for a 575M Maranello F1 just like my own (though I am not sure about its colour). See the attached. I immediately called the dealer where I purchased my car the next day and he was just as shocked as me to hear this, and understandably didn't take the time to examine the Vin # on the booklet to see if it matches that on the car when he sold it to me in Sept of last year, considering it was an 11 year old car at the time. So I then ran a new Carfax on both my 575 Vin # ZFFBV55A020129983, and the 575 listed in the "Warranty Card and Owner's Service Book" Vin # ZFFBV55A620128451, and discovered that the only place these 2 vehicles were at the same place and approximately the same time was in 2002 when they were both in possession of a dealer in Dublin Ohio called the Midwestern Auto Group. I find it utterly amazing that in the first year of its existence, these two 575's manual's were switched in error and no one ever discovered it and/or attempted to recover the correct manual set. Even if they did, they were obviously unsuccessful. In looking at the Carfax for the other 575 Vin # ZFFBV55A620128451, I see that it was sold to someone in Colorado in February of this year (the timelines on Carfax are not completely accurate because I see that my car's sale month is listed incorrectly). Therefore I am wondering if that 575 may still have the Warranty Card and Owner's Service Book that would be associated with my car Vin # ZFFBV55A020129983? If you are out there, and a member of Teamspeed, would you be interested in mailing me my "Warranty Card and Owner's Service Book" and I'll mail you yours?

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
1508_001.pdf (45.7 KB, 93 views)
1509_001.pdf (125.6 KB, 93 views)
Old 05-08-2014, 02:18 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Today I dropped by the Ontario Ferrari Maserati dealer to get some touch up paint for my 575, and while I was there I asked if it was possible to get the original option list for my car. Previously a salesman there had told me that I needed to book a service appointment with them in order for them to do it, which I thought was really unnecessary. Well, I am happy to say that the parts service person at Ferrari Ontario was really nice and printed my car's original option list page for me without batting an eye. Also, even though I had told him that I purchased my car at a different dealer, he was very complimentary about my car and didn't seem to care. It was very refreshing to see and makes me think that Ferrari Maserati of Ontario are actually easier to deal with than I've been led to believe. Anyway, here is my original option list card's attached.
The only disappointing news about the entire experience, which has nothing to do with Ferrari Maserati of Ontario, is that now I have proof that my car was never ordered with the FHP (Fiorano Handlingn Pack), so it means I'll definitely have to look forward to doing aftermarket upgrades to improve the handling and steering feel (and to get rid of the floating completely) through John Cribb at Maranello Skunkworks when I'm ready to do so. I also know now that the 2-piece Barchetta wheels were added by an owner after the original purchase, as were the smoked taillights.

Attached Images
1512_001.pdf (36.8 KB, 72 views)
1513_001.pdf (20.6 KB, 65 views)
Old 05-09-2014, 10:40 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Update: As it turns out Stewarts Classics of Colorado is actually now the official Ferrari Denver, and I called them this morning to tell them the tale of the switched "Warranty Card and Owner's Service Book" in hopes that they would contact the new owner of the 575 they sold earlier this year who may have my "Warranty Card and Owner's Service Book" (I have theirs). I spoke to a service man there who was very nice, and hopefully I'll have some good news from him soon.

Old 05-09-2014, 03:20 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Good News! Ferrari Denver has contacted the owner of Vin # ZFFBV55A620128451 and he will check his manuals tonight to see what his Warranty Card # and Owner's Service Book show. With any luck it will show mine (unless, by some fluke, there was a 3rd 575 involved that was sold by the same dealer at the same time 12 years ago), and if so, he will put us in contact with each other to make the switch. I'll know the answer by Monday.

Old 05-09-2014, 05:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
That's awesome. What are the odds you will track yours down!

Old 05-12-2014, 08:40 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Well I hope my odds keep going in my favour. Today I called a Ferrari of Denver and my contact there told me he hasn't heard back from the owner of the other 575 yet. They told me they would contact me if they hear from him/her though I am not going to wait until they call me back. Crossing my fingers.

Old 05-13-2014, 06:07 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Update: Bad News! Ferrari Denver contacted the owner of Vin # ZFFBV55A620128451 whose Warranty Card and Owner's Service Booklet I have, and he claims to have 1 book in his possession that matches his VIN, but has no books in his possession that match my VIN # ZFFBV55A020129983. I guess this means I may never recover those original booklets.

Old 05-14-2014, 01:27 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
I received an email from the owner of the other 575, and apparently he has quite a collection of cars. In any case he says that his books show his VIN #, or at least those he's found, but he will look a little more to see if he finds more. This raises the possibility that the original dealer duplicated the same VIN # for both cars by mistake when they sol them, even though they were 2 different cars. Human error I presume.

Old 06-12-2023, 11:57 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
galapoza is an unknown quantity at this point
I recently decided to pursue a graduate degree, and one of the requirements for admission was a best sop writing . Not being entirely sure what this entailed, I did some research and found a website that offered to write one for me. After reading positive reviews and checking their prices, I decided to place an order.