Notices
Ferrari GT Ferrari F12berlinetta, 612, 599, California, 575, & More Discussion Forum.

Is it worth it to invest an aftermarket GTC pack for the 575M

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 02:26 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Clyde is an unknown quantity at this point
Is it worth it to invest an aftermarket GTC pack for the 575M

Though I am happy with my recent purchase of a 2002 Ferrari 575M Maranello (and can't wait until the Spring to take it out of storage here in snowy Canada), like most car fanatics I still would love to have the ultimate 575M. In talking to the official Ferrari dealer here in Ontario I was told that I could upgrade my 575M through them to the ultimate GTC package for a cool CDN $45,000.00. Considering that this figure is a little over half of what I paid for the car, I'm wondering whether the performance difference would be worthwhile?

Old 01-12-2014, 03:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond repute
The answer is no. It is not worth it. Your car is GREAT as is!

Old 01-12-2014, 03:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
No, never!

Old 01-12-2014, 03:44 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
If you want a nice upgrade, get the SuperAmerica wheels and keep your car the same maybe Tubi exhaust as well.

Old 01-12-2014, 05:21 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
I've already got the Tubi exhaust installed, and I have the 18" Barchetta wheels on it, but yes, the 19" wheels would probably improve the handling marginally. I would like to have better brakes because I find them a bit soft and my front left squeals more than I like, but the shop I bring it to claims that's just the way these brakes are. Another shop has offered to bleed the brakes again to try to get rid of the squeal and firm them up. Of course the carbon ceramic brakes from the GTC would definitely be a huge improvement but they alone are a CDN $20,000.00 upgrade.

Last edited by Clyde; 01-12-2014 at 05:23 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
What does the upgrade involve?

Old 01-15-2014, 04:48 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
The brake "problem" can partially be fixed by installing other brake pads. Look into Pagid RS or Ferodo. I'm sure your shop will recommend something...

PS: Don't expect too much from CCBs. They're from Ferrari's first gen ceramic brakes and not as good as say in a 458. Very powerful yes, but they lack feel (especially when cold!). Plus you will probably need to switch to grippier tires.
I'd say if you really want more braking performance you should look into the Brembo GTR brake kit, which is awesome and will cost you 8k (as far as I know).

Last edited by Maxtheone; 01-15-2014 at 04:55 AM.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:55 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Thanks for the info Max!

Old 01-20-2014, 03:46 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Yes this is a waste, don't do it car is perfect as is.