Notices
Ferrari GT Ferrari F12berlinetta, 612, 599, California, 575, & More Discussion Forum.

Official: The New Ferrari F12berlinetta - Picture & Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 11:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really nice
Originally Posted by mkultra
its not Ferrari losing its soul, rather Ferrari designing cars that are game changers. plan and simple, I and most, are not buying the pinnacle of automotive performance, only for it to be dummy-downed so that we can appeal to those few who want a manual. and yes, I said it because there are so many that whine and whine for a manual but its obvious amongst sales even when there was a manual, that the F1 was the buyers choice. Lamborghini has followed suit and Porsche will eventually.

if it weren't for Ferrari's technology and gearbox, a novice such as myself could not handle 740 hp and neither could you. think about it, its close to what a real F1 car produces!
I think you don't get it my point.
let's just put a end with the off topic.

Old 04-09-2012, 01:36 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Still not liking the design, 458 is the best looking car in their lineup.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
RedRapidRocket has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by Alef_henriique
The question isnt just about a car for fun.
its about ferrari loosing the soul with the new releases.
I i'm not wrong the last Fcar that manual gearbox was an option was the F430, this is very sad.
I think this is just being old and conservative. No offense.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really nice
Originally Posted by RedRapidRocket
I think this is just being old and conservative. No offense.
not taken, the intention is to discuss the opinions.
I'm just against this hp's race. hehe
The new enzo with ~920 hp.
When they gonna stop?

Old 04-11-2012, 12:48 PM
WSC
Teamspeed Junior Member
WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Alef_henriique
I'm just against this hp's race. hehe
The new enzo with ~920 hp.
When they gonna stop?
They'll stop when one of three things happens:

1. Regulations change, either for safety reasons (if high-horsepower cars wind up drawing fire for being unsafe) or for environmental reasons (if public opinion turns in favor of vastly higher fuel economy standards).

2. Customers reject more powerful cars for less powerful ones.

3. Engineers reach the current power limits of gas-powered internal combustion engines.

Number 1 is possible, but considering what a small segment of the market exotic cars make up (and the relative success automakers have had increasing power levels while also increasing fuel economy), it seems pretty unlikely barring some sort of black swan event for the car industry.

Number 2 is even less likely, considering modern computers and engineering make today's absurdly powerful cars even easier to drive than the less-powerful ones of earlier decades. That trend's not likely to change, either.

As for number 3, the I/C engine still has a lot more power to give. I can't find the article, but I remember reading in Popular Science or Popular Mechanics not long ago that automotive-sized gasoline I/C engines could reach outputs well into the four-digit range before we hit any developmental walls. We see it in the Veyron, we see it in Formula One engines. There's no reason a 2,000 horsepower supercar engine is out of the realm of possibility within the next couple decades.

My question is, if it's just as easy to drive as a less-powerful car, and it gets reasonable fuel economy, and it's not exacting some sort of weight penalty...why not have the most powerful engine you can?

Old 04-20-2012, 02:44 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
GranTurismo96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by WSC

My question is, if it's just as easy to drive as a less-powerful car, and it gets reasonable fuel economy, and it's not exacting some sort of weight penalty...why not have the most powerful engine you can?
You're right, but as I see most people's problem in this discussion is, that we can't feel the old-time's soul of Ferraris. And it's may not the fault of horsepower race (remember, Enzo wanted their engineers to create the most powerful car in the world "in person of" the F40), but I can't explain what the problem is exactly, simply, I just can't feel...

Old 04-20-2012, 05:26 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
funny enough,

the peeps crying in here don`t even own fcars

actual owners don`t moan about that or deny it,..

so just stop that BS kids

Old 04-20-2012, 06:21 PM
Teamspeed Member
mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by ECB
funny enough,

the peeps crying in here don`t even own fcars

actual owners don`t moan about that or deny it,..

so just stop that BS kids
thank you, couldn't have said it better!

Old 04-21-2012, 09:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
you're right.
sorry for the off topic.

Old 04-21-2012, 01:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to all
Anybody have new pictures of the F12 Berlinetta? Everything's gone very quiet -- no new info, no new pictures...

Quick Reply: Official: The New Ferrari F12berlinetta - Picture & Information Thread