Notices
Ferrari GT Ferrari F12berlinetta, 612, 599, California, 575, & More Discussion Forum.

Ferrari debuts limited edition 599 GTB 60F1

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011 | 05:55 AM
|
Banned
jaind is an unknown quantity at this point
Ferrari debuts limited edition 599 GTB 60F1

From Autoblog:

Ferrari has been wining races in Formula 1 for 60 years now, and to celebrate, the company has unleashed a new special-edition version of the 599. The Ferrari 599 GTB 60F1 is available to buyers through the company's Tailor Made program, and includes the performance suspension components of the HGTE package. Those include stiffer springs with dampers to match, a larger rear stabilizer bar, more aggressive tires and a lower ride height. Befitting a low-volume model, the 599 GTB 60F1 will only be available in three liveries, each representing a specific win in the automaker's history.

The 375 F1 livery pays tribute to Froilan Gonzalez's first victory for Ferrari at the 1951 British Grand Prix, while the Ferrari 150 Italia scheme is a tip of the hat to Fernando Alanso's win at Silverstone, the same track that Gonzalez conquered for the automaker's first gold. Alonso took the honor of the company's 60th time at the top of the podium. Ferrari also plans to sell the 599 GTBM 60F1 in a third variant that plays off of the 150 Italia livery

The 375 F1 livery is painted the same dark red as Gonzalez's 375 F1. The Ferrari 150° Italia livery mimics the Scuderia 2011 red livery used for Alonso's Ferrari 150° Italia racecar, with Formula 1 white on the lower part of the front bumpers and mudguards, hood, A-pillars and rear buttresses, and the tricolor on the rear. The Ferrari 150° Italia 2 livery also features the same red from Alonso's racecar, but white is used only on the lower bumpers and there is no tricolor in the rear.

All three versions sport a Scuderia Ferrari shield on the front wheel arches, as well as a satin-finish aluminum fuel filler cap and 20-inch diamond-finish forged alloy rims.

The seats in the 599 GTB 60F1 are by Sabelt in the European version and Recaro in the American version, and are upholstered in Alcantara with superfabric inserts and the Scuderia Ferrari logo stitched into the headrests. Four-point safety harnesses are rendered in FIA-approved red and blue.

The instrument panel is trimmed in matte-finish alutex, and features a silver commemorative plaque with the signatures of Gonzalez and Alonso.

Attached Images       

Last edited by jaind; 12-07-2011 at 05:57 AM.
Old 12-07-2011 | 06:42 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
blackhole522 is a splendid one to beholdblackhole522 is a splendid one to beholdblackhole522 is a splendid one to beholdblackhole522 is a splendid one to beholdblackhole522 is a splendid one to beholdblackhole522 is a splendid one to beholdblackhole522 is a splendid one to beholdblackhole522 is a splendid one to beholdblackhole522 is a splendid one to beholdblackhole522 is a splendid one to beholdblackhole522 is a splendid one to behold
Meh...

I don't see the point.

Old 12-07-2011 | 08:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by blackhole522;1175934[B
]Meh...[/B]

I don't see the point.
My thoughts exactly.

Old 12-07-2011 | 08:32 AM
|
Banned
jaind is an unknown quantity at this point
I just wonder what person would choose this over a GTO...... looks like Ferrari are adopting the gallardo syndrome

Old 12-07-2011 | 08:33 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Scootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by blackhole522
Meh...

I don't see the point.
Just some limited edition at the end of the 599s production to make someone with enough money feel special about themselves by having a car that hardly anyone else does.

Seatbelts are cool though.

Old 12-07-2011 | 09:44 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Where are all the people bitching and moaning about FERRARI putting out special editions? LOL

I'll get my coat :/

Old 12-07-2011 | 09:46 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by blackhole522
Meh...

I don't see the point.
Point is to sell as much 599s as you can before car will be replaced in few months time.

Old 12-07-2011 | 09:47 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
Milk me baby !!!!

I've heard they hired a few former Porsche sales consultants !

Old 12-07-2011 | 09:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
meeh

Old 12-07-2011 | 09:56 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sinan
Milk me baby !!!!

I've heard they hired a few former Porsche sales consultants !
I would sell circles around most of the Ferrari Consultants...and for that matter Lamborghini Consultants.

Quick Reply: Ferrari debuts limited edition 599 GTB 60F1