Notices
Ferrari GT Ferrari F12berlinetta, 612, 599, California, 575, & More Discussion Forum.

Motor Trend 599 GTO First Drive

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Agree, but we have to keep in mind that it won't be a completely fair comparison. The 599 is about as hardcore as you can go with a street legal car and if Lambo plans on releasing a light weight version of the Murci successor later on (there are many such rumours) then surely they will make the "normal" Murci successor at least somewhat of a compromise with probably more useability than the 599 GTO but also a little less race characteristics.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:08 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
I suppose lightweight L-supercar will see the light of the day only if the Murcielago successor will enjoy success, and it will be priced for a different segment, with main target to compete with F70 in both performance and exclusivity.

I know that 599 GTO and Murcielago successor are a bit different cars, but trust me they will be compared multiple times.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by D55L
I suppose lightweight L-supercar will see the light of the day only if the Murcielago successor will enjoy success, and it will be priced for a different segment, with main target to compete with F70 in both performance and exclusivity.

I know that 599 GTO and Murcielago successor are a bit different cars, but trust me they will be compared multiple times.
Well yea obviously, comparisons between Ferraris and Lambos have and will always be made, doesn't matter if they're comparable or not. Just wanted to point out the slight differences in purpose between them.
I guess you are right about the lightweight Lambo, let's just hope it will be built. The F70 could need an italia brother

Old 05-08-2010, 01:47 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by gk@domanimotors
Still trying to figure out if I like the two-tone livery, but that is a small issue. This car is SICK!
I just saw the car in person at my local Ferrari dealer here in California and I must say that I LOVE the car but the two-tone livery looks cheap.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:49 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gah993
I just saw the car in person at my local Ferrari dealer here in California and I must say that I LOVE the car but the two-tone livery looks cheap.
Good thing it is an option... so far the all Grigio is doing it for me.