Notices
Ferrari GT Ferrari F12berlinetta, 612, 599, California, 575, & More Discussion Forum.

599xx

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 07:11 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Jiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond repute
Some news :

the engine is pumped out to 700hp with 9000rpm limit with extensive use of carbon, modified intake,modified combustion chambers,exhaust...

the gearbox is also revised with 60ms shifting

the car has completly revised electronics

the "blackout rear lights" are air exhausts for turbine fans which suck the car down like on the 1978 brabham bt46b formula one, it also smooths the aerodynamics air flow of the car...

awesome !!

Last edited by Jiaim; 03-03-2009 at 07:17 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:16 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Jiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond repute
Pics !!

Old 03-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond repute
it just keeps getting better and better. Ferrari did a very good job on this car.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:04 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
The 575 GTC was on top until now. I can't get over the looks of the 599XX.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jiaim
Some news :

the engine is pumped out to 700hp with 9000rpm limit with extensive use of carbon, modified intake,modified combustion chambers,exhaust...

the gearbox is also revised with 60ms shifting

the car has completly revised electronics

the "blackout rear lights" are air exhausts for turbine fans which suck the car down like on the 1978 brabham bt46b formula one, it also smooths the aerodynamics air flow of the car...

awesome !!

I was wondering what the deal was with those blacked out spots! I honestly thought they were tail lights at first but then I noticed the mesh. That is the coolest friggin' thing ever that they're used with fans to suck the car to the ground!

Old 03-04-2009, 01:41 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Justin@CEC has a brilliant futureJustin@CEC has a brilliant futureJustin@CEC has a brilliant futureJustin@CEC has a brilliant futureJustin@CEC has a brilliant futureJustin@CEC has a brilliant futureJustin@CEC has a brilliant futureJustin@CEC has a brilliant futureJustin@CEC has a brilliant futureJustin@CEC has a brilliant futureJustin@CEC has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by mbolo
Wow, looks mean. Besides upping their margins on the 599platform - why did they build it?

Can we expect an FXX-version of all coming F-cars now?
Like the FXX, it used as a test bed for F1 technology that they want to trickle down to their road cars. I sure as hell hope they produce XX version of other models! That thing is sick!

Old 03-04-2009, 02:00 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Justin@CEC has a brilliant futureJustin@CEC has a brilliant futureJustin@CEC has a brilliant futureJustin@CEC has a brilliant futureJustin@CEC has a brilliant futureJustin@CEC has a brilliant futureJustin@CEC has a brilliant futureJustin@CEC has a brilliant futureJustin@CEC has a brilliant futureJustin@CEC has a brilliant futureJustin@CEC has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by JC919
Interesting aero on the back, I guess that was to get around GT car style. Agains, its interesting, but I wish they just built a GT1 car to go up against the Corvettes, Astons, and Lambos at this years Le Mans.
The 550 and 575 GT1 cars were developed by Prodrive. Now that they own Aston Martin (or selling them, I can't keep up with it), someone else (like Pratt & Miller for example) would need to develop a GT1 program. I try to follow it as closely as possible and I haven't heard of anyone with one in development. It would be nice, though. ALMS hasn't been the same since Aston Martin, Ferrari and Saleen withdrew from the GT1 class.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Justin@CEC
The 550 and 575 GT1 cars were developed by Prodrive. Now that they own Aston Martin (or selling them, I can't keep up with it), someone else (like Pratt & Miller for example) would need to develop a GT1 program. I try to follow it as closely as possible and I haven't heard of anyone with one in development. It would be nice, though. ALMS hasn't been the same since Aston Martin, Ferrari and Saleen withdrew from the GT1 class.
Yeah I knew it was a prodrive developed car, but I figured that since Ferrari developed the 430GT in house that they might do the same for the 599. I heard a few years back that Risi Competizione was in talks to develop and campaign a 599 GT1 with Ferrari, but that was probably just gossip. And you're right what the ALMS really needs is a beefed up GT1 category, but unfortunately with Corvette's move to GT2 (which I'm sure you're aware of) it looks like the class will most definitely cease to exist.

By the way, instead of using a great big rear wing for downforce the used a fan system...thats awesome.

Last edited by "The JC"; 03-04-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
What a great looking car. I too loved the 575/550 GT cars. This one is amazing.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Does anybody have more information on those carbon brakes?

Quick Reply: 599xx