Notices

Anyone going to SPA or Nurburgring - DO NOT rent a track car from RSR Nurburg

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
shabeaner has a spectacular aura aboutshabeaner has a spectacular aura aboutshabeaner has a spectacular aura aboutshabeaner has a spectacular aura aboutshabeaner has a spectacular aura aboutshabeaner has a spectacular aura aboutshabeaner has a spectacular aura aboutshabeaner has a spectacular aura aboutshabeaner has a spectacular aura aboutshabeaner has a spectacular aura aboutshabeaner has a spectacular aura about
Anyone going to SPA or Nurburgring - DO NOT rent a track car from RSR Nurburg

I had a very bad experience with RSR NURBURG on my recent trip to SPA & Nurburgring.

Anyone going to Nurburring.. DO NOT .. I repeat.. DO NOT rent from RSR NURBURG. They are a bait and switch operation.

I rented a Clio Cup package for 2 days that was advertised on their website. Did everything online and picked up the car.

#1: car was not a clio cup.. it was just a clio street car with no rollbar, no harnesses, and street tires. The refused to give me a refund so I had to take the car.

#2: After returning the car they proceeded to charge me 500 euros extra, for what they said was OVERAGE MILEAGE.... it never said anywhere in my contract about this and they said "oh.. someone should have told you.. whopps".. i refused to pay and they said: "oh we already charged you card on file.. thanks by bye"

I was livid to say the least.

I ended renting another car at Nurburg to drive a 3rd day and I had a much better experience wit RENT4RING.de

It was a proper track car with full cage, seats, and toyo R888's... the car handled amazing for a 150 hp car and I was passing faster cars on my 3rd day.

I will be going back every year I hope and I will never use RSR Nurburg again and hope no one else will. It made my trip worse off and I would have been better off renting a car for half their price at avis or europcar car for spa.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:38 AM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like you need to dispute the charges with your credit card provider.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:20 AM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
Hello charge-back!

Old 05-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Teamspeed Member
rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Sounds like you're pissed off, but look at it another way...

Originally Posted by shabeaner
#1: car was not a clio cup.. it was just a clio street car with no rollbar, no harnesses, and street tires. The refused to give me a refund so I had to take the car.
The clio cup is a road car. It's officially the "Clio 200 Cup" in UK, so I assume it's the same in mainland Europe.

Eg: Renaultsport Clio 200 Cup | Car Review | evo

Also, on RSR's website it shows the Clio Cup car in road spec with numberplates.

#2: After returning the car they proceeded to charge me 500 euros extra, for what they said was OVERAGE MILEAGE.... it never said anywhere in my contract about this and they said "oh.. someone should have told you.. whopps".. i refused to pay and they said: "oh we already charged you card on file.. thanks by bye"
What mileage extra did you do? What did you agree to do? It's unfair to expect a rental company to allow you to go over the miles. It'll be documented in whatever you've signed.

I'm nothing to do with RSR (never even been to the 'ring or Spa) but this all sounds a bit unfair on RSR.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond repute
No Hertz -- it hurts!

...I would have been better off renting a car for half their price at avis or europcar car....
Be careful with renting from any off-the-rack rental car company and taking that ride to the ring. There is a clause in many (all?) rental contracts prohibiting use on tracks. Some mention the Nurburgring by name. I'm told by locals that they offer bounty to spies who photograph rental cars on the ring. I'm of the impression that they have teeth to fine and also deny future rentals (ie blackball) we evil doers.

I did this once in ignorance and got lucky, but don't count on it. Future ringers should read Ben Lovejoy's Nurburgring Nordschleife web site for great tips. Best I've seen.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:12 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I just take my factory-delivered Zonda to Spa and the 'Ring... surcharges... PAH.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GoFastKindaGuy
Be careful with renting from any off-the-rack rental car company and taking that ride to the ring. There is a clause in many (all?) rental contracts prohibiting use on tracks. Some mention the Nurburgring by name. I'm told by locals that they offer bounty to spies who photograph rental cars on the ring. I'm of the impression that they have teeth to fine and also deny future rentals (ie blackball) we evil doers.

I did this once in ignorance and got lucky, but don't count on it. Future ringers should read Ben Lovejoy's Nurburgring Nordschleife web site for great tips. Best I've seen.
The 'Ring is technically a toll highway, so a lawyer should be able to get you off the blacklist no?

Old 05-05-2010, 05:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Montana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond repute
This guy has cross posted but here is my response from the other thread.

I know Dale from RSR personally so asked him for his side of the story. Its not fair to post the whole thing as that's their business not ours but:

_____
I've spoken to Dale at RSR and got his side of the story.

I've used RSR many times and I've spent a lot of time out at the Nurburgring, and know RSR, and RSR customers very well.

From what I was told, you actually booked the Alfa and changed your mind, then despite the mileage limit being posted on the website, the RSR site, and it being explained before you took the car, you exceeded it.

Now I personally wasn't there for any of this, so I'm not going to pass judgement, simply tell both sides of the story as I was told it.

My experience with RSR has only been excellent.

I'm not trying to discredit what you are saying, just that there are two sides to every story, and as a long time visitor to the Nurburgring, RSR are the best outfit there is.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
PaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Montana
I'm not trying to discredit what you are saying, just that there are two sides to every story, and as a long time visitor to the Nurburgring, RSR are the best outfit there is.
I'm taking members of our club there in September and RSR Nurburg are organising everything - from track walkabout to convoy training and one-to-one training in the afternoon. We're taking 20 people so reading a damning review of them is a concern... One of our members has over 250 laps experience at the Nordschleife (I've never been) and he recommended them, but it's reassuring that Montana has a positive opinion too... Thanks.

Old 05-08-2010, 01:38 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Montana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond repute
Guys, the original poster is a moron.

Axis Of Oversteer: The Corkscrew : an internet legend in the making

This is the main post: (Posted by RSR). What isnt copied here is smobines video he later removed of him doing handbrake turns on a public road using the RSR rental car!

So, there are 4 major players in the 'rental' game, and guess what, we're all on speaking terms, we all have each others cell phones for that 'emergency' moment when our own car breaks/crashes and we need some temporary replacement quick sharp... and we all share our 'bad' or 'stupid' customers. Congratulations, you win on both counts... honestly, do you think we're stupid?

I see now you may have also had some efforts in understanding what car is what etc... if pictures and words aren't enough, I can't help you.

Shahine Mobine's initial enquiry - note the spec of the car explained to him.

The schedules and prices as taken from the Autovisie special offer that we extended to him:

Only 2 days from the event and he's still not sure what he wants, so we explain the options again and this time note how the km(distance) packages are stated again...

A screen grab of www.rsrnurburg.com/prices - note KM packages and 20km/1lap of the 'ring over-milage costs....

Shahine's signature noting that he understood all of this:

And, finally, after much last minute hullabaloo we get Mr. Mobine and his white Renaultsport Clio 197 Cup on to Spa Francorchamps for an uninterrupted day of lapping Spa Francorchamps!

Awesome day all round.

Contrary to what some have said... we have served over 4000 customers since I joined the company in 2007, and we have only had 2 that were so upset. That's only 0.0005% by my reckoning.

Yes, communications broke down near the end, but Shahine arrived having still not decided his package, arrived late (after we'd nearly all left for Spa!) and we STILL got him out there.

I'm at Spa on Monday, I will pull the pitlane camera footage for the day and count Shahine's laps by hand if he wants to be further embarrassed. Just because the Saturday boy in broken English thinks you've done 47km at one point (and you admit you know you'd done at least 3 times that) doesn't mean that you're not accountable for the final tally.

We're not talking about an Avis Clio 1.2 with 100kms extra, we're talking about a tyre-scrubbing FWD 200bhp Clio with Brembo brakes and Pagid pads doing an extra 25 laps of a 5-mile F1 circuit!

Tyres and pads alone run us around €1000 per set at trade and minus tax. And a committed driver on a dry track will be destroying them in short-order...

Shahine was here himself, signed the document, paid the bill, signed the credit card form and then decided after the event he paid too much.

Then he threatened 'bad reviews' online and began the cross-posting thread we have now seen on MANY different automotive forums...

As for all the other stuff, well we footed THREE hotel room bills after being asked to reserve rooms at Spa and Nurburg that Shahine asked us to... I told him to get off to Manthey and come back at 5pm to lap the 'ring, where did you go if not to Manthey???... sorry it rained at 6.30, but you still did the laps!

He asked for an instruction lap, I explained that it wasn't included in the basic package, and that I could put him out on track - do everything, but if it wasn't included in his package he would be charged when he came to leave.

As a customer, I'd give him a less than favourable review for sure!
3/10 (at least he didn't crash and jump over the barrier to avoid paying!)

Last edited by Montana; 05-08-2010 at 01:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone going to SPA or Nurburgring - DO NOT rent a track car from RSR Nurburg