Notices
Diamonds & Jewelry Discusses & Learn About The Latest Jewelry Trends, New Products, & Industry News

Need help with diamond rings.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 08:55 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
rmani will become famous soon enoughrmani will become famous soon enoughrmani will become famous soon enoughrmani will become famous soon enoughrmani will become famous soon enoughrmani will become famous soon enoughrmani will become famous soon enough
Red face Need help with diamond rings.

I was looking at some diamond engagement rings (just looking) and came across a few pretty nice ones. My girl tried a few on, we found one that both of us really liked, though the price gave me a nosebleed. I am trying to see just how good of a deal i'm getting here since i'm out of the usa and they told me it's tax and duty free if i buy it here. Are there any diamond experts on here? I had her write down all the information on the ring but it's all jibberish to me i have no idea what i'm looking at.

Also the brand of the diamond was tacori, is that considered a good brand?

I know it was 2.5 carats, which i assume is a lot based on the price but i really have no idea.

I'll be heading home today, but have debated if this is a good buy to make payments and they said they would fedex the ring, but then i'd have to go elsewhere to get it fitted, etc.

What would you guys do?

Old 06-08-2012, 09:05 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
You gave no info

Color
Cut
Clarity

2.5 carats
can be $2k to $80k usd

Old 06-08-2012, 09:20 AM
Dafuq?? Why is there a Llama?
Scott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldn't buy a ring I had to make payments on.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Former Sponsor
emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by rmani
I was looking at some diamond engagement rings (just looking) and came across a few pretty nice ones. My girl tried a few on, we found one that both of us really liked, though the price gave me a nosebleed. I am trying to see just how good of a deal i'm getting here since i'm out of the usa and they told me it's tax and duty free if i buy it here. Are there any diamond experts on here? I had her write down all the information on the ring but it's all jibberish to me i have no idea what i'm looking at.

Also the brand of the diamond was tacori, is that considered a good brand?

I know it was 2.5 carats, which i assume is a lot based on the price but i really have no idea.

I'll be heading home today, but have debated if this is a good buy to make payments and they said they would fedex the ring, but then i'd have to go elsewhere to get it fitted, etc.

What would you guys do?
Hey rmani,

A good quality 2 1/2 ct round diamond would currently be between $40K and $60K, depending largely on your specific preferences for the color, clarity, and cut. Tacori is a very popular bridal brand but you need to make sure you're getting the best deal regardless. Any legitimate seller will gladly provide you with a grading report (aka certificate) of the diamond of interest. If you have that report and want our gemologists to take a look at it and compare it with the offering price to see if it's a fair deal or not, we'd be glad to perform this complimentary service for you. Feel free to e-mail me the certificate and the details regarding the offer to emilr@sashaprimak.com. If you have any other questions, I'd be glad to assist you.

-Emil

Old 06-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
rmani will become famous soon enoughrmani will become famous soon enoughrmani will become famous soon enoughrmani will become famous soon enoughrmani will become famous soon enoughrmani will become famous soon enoughrmani will become famous soon enough
thank you emil. i took pics of the certificate and will email those to you now!

Old 06-12-2012, 10:06 PM
Banned
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
Most of the guys on this forum have been buying from me for over 6 years. I don not do credit payments etc. If youre looking for the best quality diamond and ring craftsmanship for the money email me jason@gemsbyjwade.com

Old 06-13-2012, 03:44 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
I can vouch for Emil. He's fantastic to deal with and a true professional.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:58 PM
Former Sponsor
emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Redlinerobert
I can vouch for Emil. He's fantastic to deal with and a true professional.
Thanks Robert! Really appreciate the kind words! Hope everything's been going well.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Insman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the rough
Tacori is overpriced, overrated (IMHO) and they produce mass quantities of every style, go with Emil...

Old 02-14-2013, 12:44 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
jennymik is an unknown quantity at this point
Very Nice I loke it so much.