Notices
Diablo | Countach The Modern Day Classic Lamborghini Discussion Forum.

The Cheetah Lives!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Former Sponsor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
The Cheetah Lives!

So a little more on the Cheetah Truck built for Lamborghini at the Geneva Show.

We have been able to confirm the truck DID come back to the USA after the show. It landed in LAX in late 1977, of course we have documentation for this, both the written and the pics.

As we go, I will share with you all on this wonderful find and it's being brought back to the public world and viewing.

So, here we have a pic of the Truck in October 1977, just outside of a "House of fun" in Nevada State. After the truck came back to the USA, it went out to the Deserts of Nevada were a 5 minute commercial was made, (yes we have a copy of it now), it was never aired or released. It was produced for Lamborghini in the hopes of furthering possible sales. After the shooting, the Camera team wanted a little R and R...and these nice lady's were kind enough to come out of the "House" and do a little posing. (of course I had to black out the not allowed here parts-LOL)

A little more..the truck WAS NEVER NEVER EVER tested by the USA military as many think and as reported in numerous places (because if it was a Military test vehicle it could have never left the country for Geneva-so it was kept as a "Commerce" test vehicle-only way it could be exported out of the US at the time for the show).

IT ALSO NEVER EVER was in the Middle east being tested in the sands..it was tested in the Sands in the Central area of California Coast as well as the Deserts of Nevada. It ALSO was NEVER EVER WRECKED and cut up into little pieces..and NO there was NEVER EVER two of these made either, just the one...when the Company and this One of One truck was sold off to another Company that attempted to take the design further.

So I guess let the skeptics start...but I KNOW what I have...More as this fun project goes further, and the history I NOW OWN.

LOVING IT!!

Old 01-15-2012, 04:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ridgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura about
Don't keep me waiting Roy, this sounds like a fabulous find. Can't wait for your next post.

Old 01-15-2012, 04:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting photo....

Old 01-15-2012, 05:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
theprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond repute
Hi,

That picture is genuinely hilarious.

Nice find.

Cheers,
Nik

Old 01-15-2012, 05:17 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
So this has been lost in the USA for the best part of 2 decades?

Old 01-15-2012, 06:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
You should find those gals and get them to pose with your cheetah now. You know, then and now.... LOL. That pic is priceless. If you DO find those girls (now 35 years later), I do NOT want to see the picture.....

Old 01-15-2012, 06:33 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
I think an updated pic with updated girls would be much better. I'm sure both the truck and the girls will have, enhancements.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:42 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Fixed for you from pdf to jpg version, this will be interesting for sure Roy!