Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

2009 GT-R by Nissan (new car prep)

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 11:04 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Okay, so now that it's all decontaminated, I will need to get the goo gone or 3M adhesive remover and wipe off all the areas of left over adhesive from where the plastic was on the paint. I forgot to document this part but lets just say there was plenty of areas to wipe down.

Now that I think I'm ready to seal it all I get hit with a bad rain storm, so I hold off on the sealant till the weather is a little better and not getting 1/3 of the car wet....

So onto the interior.

I'm very gentle with the plastics on the inside as some of them are fascend to the inner parts of the door panels and seats so I do not want to put any kinds of marks or tears in the fresh leather and plastic.

First off the cautiously remove the stick so it does not tear and the owner can have his "proof of purchase".

As you can see there was plenty of adhesive to remove so time to pull out the goo gone again.

Then onto the door. Next time I think I would start with the back seats and work my way to the front incase I bump anything with my shoes or what have you.

Old 08-24-2008, 11:05 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute

Now for the optional "GTR logo" mats.

Next up to finish off the interior.

Old 08-24-2008, 11:05 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
As you can see from some of the pics, the interior is really not that clean, matter of fact it's quite dusty and needs a healthy level of protection after being decontamited itself.

So I dusted, vacuumed and wiped down with 303 Aerospace the interior panels and conditioned the leather with Zaino Z10.

Now that the weather had lightened up a bit the dealership photographer had shown up to take some pics so off to the other side of the lot to the booth for official shots.

Here's some I took with my camera before anything is sealed or waxed.

On the red carpet right where it belongs.

The car is nearly complete. All's left to do is put a few coats of Zaino Z5 on and wax the rims.

So I put a coat of Z5 on, then ZCS then coated the rims with ZAIO.

I think all and all everything turned out very nicely.

Old 08-24-2008, 11:06 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
First up the interior pics.

Old 08-24-2008, 11:06 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
Okay, so to recap, the entire car has plastic removed outside and inside, it's been thoroughly washed, clayed and plenty of adhesive removed off of exterior panels and inside off of windows from stickers, the interior has been dusted, vacuumed, leather conditioned and pastic treated, the only thing left to do is seal it.

So as mentioed it got two coats of Zaino Z5 and ZCS with Z8 as a final and the rims got ZAIO.

So here are the final pics. Sorry there's no sun shots or nice background, but it was raining the whole time and I only had the dealership stalls to work in.

Opps, almost forgot that I wiped down the engine bay and any water out of the jambs.

This is the almighty Twin Turbo V6 putting out 480HP to all 4 wheels through the dual cluth paddle shifted technology....

And I present to you the all new 2009 Nissan GT-R

Old 08-24-2008, 11:07 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro

Old 08-24-2008, 11:07 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro

A few more glamour shots to come.....

Old 08-24-2008, 11:08 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro

sorry this one is sideways

Old 08-24-2008, 11:08 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro

Old 08-24-2008, 11:09 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
ok Josh, think i got it all in for ya, nice work man!

Quick Reply: 2009 GT-R by Nissan (new car prep)