Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

ceramic coating vs carnauba wax?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 04:17 PM
HMD
Teamspeed Rookie
HMD is an unknown quantity at this point
ceramic coating vs carnauba wax?

Hi

I posted this thread in order to ask about the differences of the wax and the ceramic coatings .. To justify my case, We have plenty of car detailing shops here in the UAE who uses different waxes and i have been dealing with one for a while now. but recently a local detailing shop took the franchise of a ceramic coating company and the process of his products seemed new to me so i want the help from you guys if someone tried ceramic caoting to know the difference between the two detailing processing so that i decide which to go with.

Advantages / disadvantages of ceramic coat?
is it that effective?
would it last for a longer time on the paint?
how does it shine comparing to premium waxes?

Thanks in advance guys..

Old 02-21-2014, 08:52 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Jean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura about
Which specific coating are you asking about? There are quite a few.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:42 AM
Teamspeed Member
Envious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enough
coatings are great...better than waxes. harder to apply, more costly, yet have a high gloss factor while being structurally HARDER so they are more anit-scratching.

There really is no CON from a car care maintenance standpoint.

Cquartz Finest and 22PLE are my go to coatings as both look great and protect well.