Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

My R8 Spyder getting CQuartz Finest

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 10:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond repute
My R8 Spyder getting CQuartz Finest

I dropped my R8 spyder off with Ivan at Lustr Auto Detail for some TLC and the CQuartz Finest glass coating. After several hours of multi-stage paint correction (despite the fact that the Audi was delivered about 2.5 weeks ago!), the paint is nearly perfect and glowing before the 1st coat of CQF application.

Here are some quick iPhone pics of the R8 after paint correction. I'll get some better pics after the car is finished tomorrow and I pick it up.

Name:  r8leftrear_zps53ff6a80.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  53.5 KB

Name:  r8rightrear_zpse7875ee3.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  60.3 KB

That's Ivan in the background...

Name:  r8fullside_zps1c163510.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  73.0 KB

Better pics tomorrow and an initial review of the CQF.

Last edited by alin2.5; 06-19-2013 at 10:20 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:24 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Ivan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to all
Hard at work like always

See you tomorrow Al, both coats of CQF are on and paint is nearly perfect!

Old 06-20-2013, 03:10 AM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
is that the V10?
How does it compare to the POrsche TT?

Old 06-20-2013, 09:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
alin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond repute
^^^

Yes, it's the V10.

Comparing it to the TT-S is a bit of an apples and oranges thing as the TT-S was a coupe and the R8 is a soft top.

But, I'll say that, so far, it's a lot funner to drive. The manual gearbox is a joy. The NA big V10 is a totally different experience driving than a TT flat 6. And, driving with the top down....ahhh...

Old 06-20-2013, 10:19 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by alin2.5
^^^

Yes, it's the V10.

Comparing it to the TT-S is a bit of an apples and oranges thing as the TT-S was a coupe and the R8 is a soft top.

But, I'll say that, so far, it's a lot funner to drive. The manual gearbox is a joy. The NA big V10 is a totally different experience driving than a TT flat 6. And, driving with the top down....ahhh...
My TTS was a cab and this car V10 w 6MT (my R8 is same) is so much fun its just more engaging to drive. As CH says the 997TTS is a one trick pony but it does good at that trick.

Last edited by Marc; 06-20-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:50 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond repute
Alin are you going to get a protective clear wrap or just go as is? The car looks amazing btw.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by ajs887
Alin are you going to get a protective clear wrap or just go as is? The car looks amazing btw.
Thanks bro.

The car's hood, front fenders, rocker panels, and mirrors are already wrapped with the Xpel Ultimate PPF. Ivan polished the film and applied the CQF on the film.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
My initial reaction to CQuartz Finest is "wow!" Nano-coatings (Opti-coat 2.0, CQF, 22ple)are potentially game changers in the last protection step in car detailing IF the durability of these coating is as advertised.

While the visual effects of wax, sealants, and these coatings are to a certain extent subjective, I think the CQF provides tremendous gloss and depth to the paint. It may not have, IMO, the "warmth" of a good carnauba wax such as Swissvax or P21S, but it also does not have the plasticky look of many sealants. And, I would gladly trade in some paint glow for a 2 year, in the case of CQF, warrantied durability.

Here are some pics:

Name:  r8CQFonPPF1_zpsa7c3d60f.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  68.1 KB

Improved gloss and depth even applied to custom Xpel Ultimate hood PPF:

Name:  r8CQFonPPF_zps490226ba.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  62.3 KB

Name:  r8leftside2_zps700175e1.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  74.8 KB

Some shots of the HRE carbon center caps:

Name:  r8hre_zpsb17edb46.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  57.7 KB

Love the interior with deviated orange stitching...

Name:  r8interior_zps69c03e99.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  57.5 KB

Old 06-21-2013, 12:27 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
A1ExoticsMagazine is an unknown quantity at this point
I think I am in love with your car! Wow

Old 06-21-2013, 12:32 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Ivan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to all
Al you lied! You're a much better photographer than I am . Photos look good and as I said today, definitely glad you're happy with the detail and coating. I too was extremely happy with how everything came out!

Quick Reply: My R8 Spyder getting CQuartz Finest