Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

invitation post - Emperor Detail - £450,000 Legend - Mitchell & King new £9,800 wax

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 03:01 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Ultimate Shine is a name known to allUltimate Shine is a name known to allUltimate Shine is a name known to allUltimate Shine is a name known to allUltimate Shine is a name known to allUltimate Shine is a name known to allUltimate Shine is a name known to allUltimate Shine is a name known to allUltimate Shine is a name known to allUltimate Shine is a name known to allUltimate Shine is a name known to all
Talking invitation post - Emperor Detail - £450,000 Legend - Mitchell & King new £9,800 wax

Now for you guys and girls in your 30's you know what this car is all about as this was one of the dreams that you would have on the wall or in your bedroom as a model. When the customer told me about this car to say I was excited was an understatement. This is when working as a detailer has advantages of being a lover of exotic cars from youth to actually seeing them and working on them.

Ok then the car in question is the legendary FERRARI F40, this car has covered just over 7000km's from new.

Here she is,

Car was very clean when i got to it so a good dusting off and an IPA wipedown would be ok

Time to split open a new pack of masking tape as a few rolls were required on this one,

This is job was a full Mitchell and King Detail so all finishing products to be used were the full range of M & K products.

So to make sure I could make a good assesment of the surfaces, I used the Mitchell and King Pure - Paint cleaner. An awesome product by hand or by machine, my choice being DA and a finishing pad.

So the truth appears in the surface once clensed.

Had to take this picture as a trip back to my parents house and a rake through my old things to find the model I had on a shelf in my bedroom as a kid. Awesome, this was my boyhood dream car :-)

The paint clensing was done and the next task to do was get the car machine polished. Now on a carbon/kevlar bodywork coated with paint and the value of the car being based on some weave showing but OEM looking. Miracles can't happen here as the edges were so thin with paint so using the professional approach I was going with my judgement here and I was going as far as I felt happy with.

Lexan screen, requiring a machine polish.

Some defects,

Ok so from the progress of the DA polishing systems and the combinations I have come across the rotary is gathering dust.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:02 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Ultimate Shine is a name known to allUltimate Shine is a name known to allUltimate Shine is a name known to allUltimate Shine is a name known to allUltimate Shine is a name known to allUltimate Shine is a name known to allUltimate Shine is a name known to allUltimate Shine is a name known to allUltimate Shine is a name known to allUltimate Shine is a name known to allUltimate Shine is a name known to all

Oh yes, it does look this good in real life :-)

Some more pics of me working.

Yes again, the back end is real heavy but managed myself.

Customer's request was to make sure this tubi system was gleaming, so the only way to make the exhaust look good was to remove it

During the detail the customer was telling me about the things to look out for on an F40 to make sure it was as OEM as possible.

The customer had hunted high and low for an example like this, it all comes down to the garages saying cars are clean and you go and have a look and they are nothing like it. So for any potential new customers of Ultimate Shine please do not hesitate to ask me to come with you!

This is a sign of wheels being refurbed back in Italy as the wheels should have sppedline and ferrari and wheel size on each wheel.

More randoms,

Old 12-18-2012, 03:02 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Check the rear screen left side done on the outside here,

Awkward situation of polishing the underside,

Exhaust polishing time,

A made up jig for holding the exhaust whilst polishing

Someone had forgot to put there glasses on when changing number plate bulbs

Thats better,

Old 12-18-2012, 03:03 PM
Teamspeed Rookie

Gloss is so much better now,

Now the best part of the job since the joining forces of Mitchell and King and Myself. I am very proud to be part of this development as John has made many creations and after a few meetings and trials I think he has achieved something very special.

So the LSP set up on the car is an initial coat of Mitchell and King Armour V2 for a great base coat that will last and gives a great reflective property to maximise the gloss levels. This coat was applied and removed approx 2 panels at a time. Mitchell and King waxes don't have any issues with sweating out or gassing but only apply to a maximum of 2 panels at a time and then remove. Always leave 8 hours between coats.

Then the final show topping coat is the new Mitchell and King Emperor wax. This is something special with a RRP of £9800 when released.

Couple of things to rectify before finishing was sorting the rear fog light on the car as it was not lining up properly

Time to remove old tyre dressing

Before

After

Tyres finished with Mitchell and King Tyre
Wheels and all inner arches and Carbon sealed with Mitchell and King Seal (spray sealant)

Glass the cleaned with Mitchell and King Clear
Glass Sealed with Mitchell and King Vision

Seats and all fabrics wiped down with Mitchell and King Thread

Platics on the car treated with Mitchell and King Treat

Old 12-18-2012, 03:03 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Now I know there is a vast amount of after pictures but to be honest I could not decide what ones were best.

Enjoy as I certanly did.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Teamspeed Rookie

Old 12-18-2012, 03:05 PM
Teamspeed Rookie

Old 12-18-2012, 05:43 PM
Teamspeed Member
bonneau13 has a spectacular aura aboutbonneau13 has a spectacular aura aboutbonneau13 has a spectacular aura aboutbonneau13 has a spectacular aura aboutbonneau13 has a spectacular aura aboutbonneau13 has a spectacular aura aboutbonneau13 has a spectacular aura aboutbonneau13 has a spectacular aura aboutbonneau13 has a spectacular aura aboutbonneau13 has a spectacular aura aboutbonneau13 has a spectacular aura about
what were the other ferraris he had..

Old 12-18-2012, 08:02 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Duff0000 will become famous soon enoughDuff0000 will become famous soon enoughDuff0000 will become famous soon enoughDuff0000 will become famous soon enoughDuff0000 will become famous soon enoughDuff0000 will become famous soon enoughDuff0000 will become famous soon enough
Awesome!

Old 12-19-2012, 12:25 PM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
The pics are beautiful, this is a hard car to detail with the thin paint and the Lexan engine cover(Been there done that)great effort and result!.

Quick Reply: invitation post - Emperor Detail - £450,000 Legend - Mitchell & King new £9,800 wax