Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Ferrari 599 GTO Paint Correction & Detail

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 10:50 AM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
Ferrari 599 GTO Paint Correction & Detail

Recently completed, this was one of the first jobs completed after returning from SEMA in Las Vegas. I had help from "The Bing" on this car and others this week, as the vehicle was "Brand new" some parts of the car were in pretty good condition and other parts(Gloss black wheels for example) were not in good shape due to improper care.

This car is special and the color not being "Rosso Corso" made this rare vehicle more so, here is the beginning of the job.
Wheels with Sonax FE doing it's thing.

Richie cleaning the wheels..............wearing a "Hoodie" as he is used to "tropical climates" in Orlando and San Francisco was a little cold for him.

Foaming the car down during wash step.

As the garage is tight, the client had a "Boo boo" which he wanted to see what improvement could be made, I was able to improve the appearance but 100% correction was not possible as the scuff was too deep.

Taking some readings to see how much I had to work with..

I was able to remove the sheetrock transfer, but the scuff dug into the paint. Much better until a re-spray from Brooksmotorcars can be completed.

Vehicle being silver the defects were hard to capture, but on the black stripe areas the marring was more clear to see.

The OE wheels on this car are one of my favorites (BBS Fi) which are very light and strong, and @ $2,750.00 in 20' inch configuration not for the "thrifty man" lol.

There was a smal but deep chip in the door(Drivers side) that I buzzed with 3000 grit to smooth the edges of the chip and when the paint is mixed up I can come back carefully touch up the chip.

Compounded smooth.

Wax from the dealership in the edge of the clearfilm.

Removed.

The finish looked "Shrunk down" and hazy which can be seen in the halogen light reflection.

Reflection of the halogen light is now clear and sharp after compounding the finish.

Marring on the mirror.

Mirror corrected.

Old 11-13-2011, 10:51 AM
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
Finish finally getting "The look" we all strive for.

Richie doing some fine brush work in the crevices.

Wiping the finish down.

Clearfilm looking it's best.

Fine brush work needed to remove leftover wax in the parking sensor.

All fixed.

Final polishing stage.

Polishing the glass.

Some interior pics.................."Tightness"

Engine needed little.............but not including a pic of the 12 cylinder tightness would be a crime.

"Finished pics".

Old 11-13-2011, 10:52 AM

Old 11-13-2011, 01:47 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
TimAD is on a distinguished roadTimAD is on a distinguished roadTimAD is on a distinguished roadTimAD is on a distinguished road
Great work Bob and the BING! What a beautiful machine.

Old 11-13-2011, 01:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
yohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond repute
amazing work!

Old 11-13-2011, 03:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Shutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Great job, amazing work on the rims

Old 11-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond repute
great work on an incredible car! hope i see it driving around sometime

Old 11-13-2011, 06:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
Wonder if its the same Car I spotted a while back....

Old 11-13-2011, 07:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
such a crime that the car doesn't have a "roomier" home....of course I would sell my soul to have that car

Last edited by 997carrerasblk06; 11-13-2011 at 09:27 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Subbed for later

Quick Reply: Ferrari 599 GTO Paint Correction & Detail